monkey pox all of a sudden

• Thread starter Deleted member 292770
  • Start date
And the figures will be even more dubious and unverifyable than covid.
How many men will own up to having monkeypox when the inference is you will have got it from close contact with another male.
More bu!!sh!t stories and the public swallow the story unconditionally.

I only stated what was reported on the news BBC radio 4 news at 1

Any one who has issues with the report can take it up with them
?

Sponsored Links
Yes they have just been going on about it on the radio news
Most vulnerable are
Sexually transmitted ? Between blokes ?
And the figures will be even more dubious and unverifyable than covid.
Who’s going to own up to having monkeypox when the inference is you were ‘with’ a man when you got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
We now have 20 cases. If people followed covid spread they will be well aware of how things can develop. The rate increases geometrically as say 1 person gets infected and infects 2 others, those 2 can infect 4 more, they can infect 8 more and etc. So seriousness depends on how the current 20 increases.

Listening to the news, lady from the gov body that watches for this sort of thing it would seem it's a virus that hasn't been thoroughly studied as it crops up and goes away never infecting that many. :) So they need to watch rates as I just outlined. It originated during monkey lab work.

uk stockpining vaccines again. (y)

Hopefully...

Ladies and Gentleman this man is Denso. Listen to his ominous words and despair.

He and his ilk are why you are paying one-pound-seventy-something for a litre of petrol that you used to pay one-pound-twenty-something for; and why you are paying one-pound-twenty-something for a small sized loaf of ordinary bread that you used to pay sixty-something pence for.

He and his ilk are why you are paying one-pound-seventy-something for a litre of petrol that you used to pay one-pound-twenty-something for; and why you are paying one-pound-twenty-something for a small sized loaf of ordinary bread that you used to pay sixty-something pence for.

Nonsense yet again. How is it specifically my fault?

From wot I red:
There seems to be something a bit different about this version of monkeypox (there's a mall number of variants, "Congo" is the worst so far). That's a suggestion, from the spread of cases seen so far.

What was known (i.a.)
It's a virus, transmissible by, in short and qualitatively, all the same ways covid can transmit, but the strong emphasis is on skin to skin transmission, through lesions. Moist body surfaces are another way in, which does include dry particles floating about in the air, from scabs, getting to your eyes, nose etc.

(There's an obvious association in terms of transmission, with AIDS, which predominately goes in through skin lesions. Those are found particularly commonly in body bits associated with particular intimate practices. AIDS is thought to transmit particularly well in Africa and wherever the general skin health is quite poor, leading to more lesions.)

I read that a Smallpox vaccination (the one which leaves a scrambly scar on your arm) is 85% effective in reducing severity. Recently a smallpox+monkeypox vaccine was developed (USA), and there is an antiviral, but they aren't widely available.
Kids since 1971/2 (UK/USA) haven't been getting smallpox vax.
That could suggest kids will be more at risk, though comorbidities which matter are more prevalent in older folk.

Therefore, it seems to me, we could be back to wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.

Bottom line, the case-morbidity is quoted as 3% to 6% for the Congo variant, which is bad (smallpox was 30%)
That 3-6% figure may be enough to bother hospital occupation, again.
Transmissibility is LOW, though at the moment NOT completely understood mechanistically or quantitatively.
How low, is the big unknown.

Probably the more important thing about it is that it LOOKS bloody awful, especially to those who have never had measles or chicken pox, so we can expect rationalty and common sense to fly out of the window.

Better shut the window, you never know. . . .

Nonsense yet again. How is it specifically my fault?
You and people like you are a disgrace to your ancestors . The people who fought and died for the freedoms you fail to value. The people like you who bury your heads in the sand , bow down and ingest the propaganda you are fed like your very existence depends on it. The propaganda fed to you by the most corrupt, evil criminals in society who masquerade as your elected leaders and saviours. One day you will awaken to the fact that your entire existence was based on the lies and fear instilled in you. Your child like naivety makes me me want to vomit in my own mouth.

upload_2022-4-28_8-15-59.jpeg

Wow, gas 'Miami Standard'. How much internet dredging did you have to do to come up with that little nugget, to suit your narrative.

"..Dr. Benjamin Braddock claimed on Twitter that an unnamed source at the ECDC told him that..

Massive lol.

Sponsored Links
Back