Peak Brexit via passport control

I usually find the international queue shorter than the EU.
Heathrow is a bit of a nightmare, on entry to UK, unless you travel with an older person and they let you jump the queue.
Mum is usually with me :cool:

Sponsored Links
I usually find the international queue shorter than the EU.
Heathrow is a bit of a nightmare, on entry to UK, unless you travel with an older person and they let you jump the queue.
Mum is usually with me :cool:
Coming back from Spain I've noticed that too. Less busy getting to departure. Makes no odds really though. Plane takes off when it takes off.

A minute or two at most. I spend longer queuing at my local recycling centre showing proof that I can dump my rubbish in my own Borough. Keeps all the other boroughs out so it’s a price worth paying. Is your time that precious that you can’t spare those extra couple of minutes.
It's probably only a minute or 2 at the actual point of passport check. But it's a bigger queue to get to that point.

Without any doubt whatsoever, it was easier and quicker before.

Maybe you lose track of time easier

Sponsored Links
Either it's a fact or it isn't.

It's either better or worse.

Anybody want to say it's better ?
I used to be able to just drive down to our local recycling centre, produce ID and dump my rubbish. Now, I have to book a slot online. I have to give them my name and my car registration number. Is it better or worse? Worse obviously but by so little, it’s hardly worth labouring the point or wetting my knickers about.

British paratroopers dropping into Normandy [on] Wednesday to commemorate the anniversary of the D-Day landings were greeted by French customs officials demanding their passports. :LOL:

GettyImages-2156206119.jpg

Politico

Can’t see any French customs officials here asking for passports, can you?

IMG_6492.png

I used to be able to just drive down to our local recycling centre, produce ID and dump my rubbish. Now, I have to book a slot online. I have to give them my name and my car registration number. Is it better or worse? Worse obviously but by so little, it’s hardly worth labouring the point or wetting my knickers about.
but you voted to leave to make things better

I dont remember you saying "Im voting leave because things will be worse"

but you voted to leave to make things better

I dont remember you saying "Im voting leave because things will be worse"
I also asked the local authority to have a booking system for the recycling centre. Takes me another 30 seconds but we don’t get any 'foreigners' using our facilities. (y)

When I visit France by boat, they bend over backwards to make it easy for you. The police visit the marina twice a day and stamp you in and out. they are happy to do both at the same time if you tell them you are leaving on the same day. They certainly don't come to your boat and demand passports of all those with a red ensigns. The local police office joked that it would be easier for me to have my own stamp and do it myself.

I very much doubt they "demanded" passports, more likely they made arrangements to simplify the process for the guests. Assuming they were returning home via conventional transport, the problem would have been when exiting France. Without an inbound stamp you would be flagged.

And it is salient to remember what the French actually did to help us evacuate and retreat, before throwing g the old tropes around

Sponsored Links
Back