Police officer

Sponsored Links
by the time you see their gun it maybe to late - we have to rely on the gut instincts of these police officers, and this officer got it right, he has protected the likes of me and you, and we should be thankful for his skill and judgement
Protecting me how?
I don't live in London.

The Clapham and Brixton Hill MP, Bell Ribeiro-Addy, said “there was a lot of pain and anger and hurt”, first at the fatal shooting, and then at the acquittal, in a borough that has “the lowest confidence in police in London”. “So many Black men have faced harm, in some cases death, following contact with the police,” she said. “I understand [police] have a complex job with extreme pressures, but no one is above the law. Black people are over-policed as citizens and under-policed as victims.”

The MP added that the work of neighbourhood officers “working hard to rebuild trust” had been “hampered by a response unit”.

Meanwhile, race relations activist Lee Jasper, a former policing director for London, called for juries in such cases to hear expert evidence on institutional racism. “If the rationale is a police officer only needs a reasonable belief to fire his weapon, then it’s tantamount to a licence to kill,” he said. “This verdict will make it absolutely clear to Black communities that when it comes to the Met police, Black lives don’t matter.”

La Garundia

Sponsored Links
More than 1,000 Metropolitan Police officers are currently suspended or on restricted duties, the force has said, as it tries to root out rogue officers.

The Met's Stuart Cundy said the number of affected officers was almost the size of a small police force, with one in 34 suspended or restricted.

He warned that removing all corrupt officers could take years.

BBCnews

How will the police re-establish trust in the black community?

I wonder if the guardian went to press before Kaba’s history was made public.

I guess they are embarrassed about running with the aspiring musician angle.

Sounds like one of JohnD's implausibly convenient motoring stories.

The jury were not aware so why would a national newspaper run the story before the trial?
Being aware and being restricted from reporting are different things. A good journalist researches his subject.

Sponsored Links
Back