Rishi delivers.

Isn’t he wonderful. :giggle:

Blind ignorance, lack of comprehension (or both)..........combined with a failing memory (y)

I previously posted (can't quote the post; thread locked?)

This inflation thing - specifically, Rishi's and Jeremy's "we're gonna do this to inflation" rhetoric - at best leaves me uncomfortable.

Unless a complete basketcase banana republic economy (which we're not quite at, yet) inflation is self-limiting; it was never going to run away, not in a mature and (relatively) stable, first world economy..

Sunak and Hunt will be claiming credit.
Which will be like claiming credit for the sun rising each morning.

;)

Sponsored Links
If you’re going to blame those in power for inflation rising, you have to give the same people credit for when it goes down. I didn’t hear anyone saying 'Oh, inflations gone up, can’t be helped, nobody's fault'.

A bit of deflation wouldnt go amiss, lots of stuff in the shopping basket 30% higher than two or three years ago. Inflation falling doesn't change that, its why nhs workers should get parity.

I didn’t hear anyone saying 'Oh, inflations gone up, can’t be helped, nobody's fault'.

If you wanted to try and employ any degree of
comprehension

...what you claim to not exist was in my post #8 (I was being deliberately measured and non-inflammatory in my choice of words, as it happens), and in Notch's post #12, for starters.

"There's none so blind as those who will not see."

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure torey politicians were telling us inflation wasn't that bad a thing a few years ago when they weren't happy with the (independent) BoE raising interest rates to prevent it.

Inflation. The BofE delivers LOL Set up by Brown.
It would be more honest to bring back the BoE within Treasury control, it's appointments and decisions are clearly influenced by government.

It would be more honest to bring back the BoE within Treasury control, it's appointments and decisions are clearly influenced by government.
It was set up to be independent of the ruling power such that they couldn't influence it's decisions on inflation control. Probably other factors as well. The treasury in some ways are more book keepers. Make sure they balance. The policy route is politicians, advisors and a civil service that looks at what will happen as a result of the changes. ;) Maybe they don't consider the end effects of budget cuts. Or don't care.

Interesting period at the moment. Headline inflation is down but interest rate cuts aren't expected that soon. This is because certain sectors inflation rates are still too high. The gov would love them to come down immediately. Might cause a Trussaster. These day no government has any control of the money market. it reacts to what gov's do eg Truss.

If you’re going to blame those in power for inflation rising, you have to give the same people credit for when it goes down. I didn’t hear anyone saying 'Oh, inflations gone up, can’t be helped, nobody's fault'.
So, are you saying Rishi was responsible for the inflation ?

Or he is only responsible for it falling?

Sponsored Links
Back