Strangeways brings back hanging

Sponsored Links
So how do you control criminals who just don't care? Strangeways riots were a wake-up call. You need to keep control of cons while in prison because if you don't give them a carrot prisons wouldn't be able to hold them!
Then, they are not prisons. Too much carrot, and not enough stick in my opinion. I'm far from being alone in my views.

Punishment is taking away your liberty, this is where you are getting mixed up. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So how do you control criminals who just don't care?
Probably by denying them these Human Rights they use all too often.
open prisons take 40% of out workers wage to add to victim support pot.

Sudbury Open Prison, near here, has prisoners walking out almost every bloody week.
Open prisons , should have a 30ft concrete or brick wall (with razor wire on the top) built around them.
Prisons should be a harsh environment, so harsh that anyone incarcerated in them, doesn't want to go back once they've repaid their debt to society. (remember that phrase "Debt to Society" I shall return to it. ;)
Prisoners should be offered meaningful work, which does help society. I'll let the politicians work out the details. Those inside who choose not to work, should be locked in their cells 24/7 and fed the remains of whatever the working prisoners have eaten that day (if there's not enough to go round , then tough.)

Debt To Society... I told you to remember that one. Until people realise that prisoners do owe a debt to society, we'll have to put up with these do-gooding liberal types . The ones who bleat on about prisoners rights, whilst very conveniently forgetting the rights of victims of crime. The ones who keep telling us that the criminals are the real victims, don't deserve space in the newspapers or time on the television, to peddle their malicious views.

So how do you control criminals who just don't care? Strangeways riots were a wake-up call. You need to keep control of cons while in prison because if you don't give them a carrot prisons wouldn't be able to hold them!
Then, they are not prisons. Too much carrot, and not enough stick in my opinion. I'm far from being alone in my views.
Punishment is taking away your liberty, this is where you are getting mixed up. :rolleyes:

No, that's what YOU say punishment is....this is where YOU are getting mixed up. :rolleyes:

Probably by denying them these Human Rights they use all too often.

But the punishment according to our law is the act of taking away their liberty. Treat them like crap and you have a problem when they do get out...

Sudbury Open Prison, near here, has prisoners walking out almost every bloody week.

That's not true

Open prisons , should have a 30ft concrete or brick wall (with razor wire on the top) built around them.
Prisons should be a harsh environment, so harsh that anyone incarcerated in them, doesn't want to go back once they've repaid their debt to society. (remember that phrase "Debt to Society" I shall return to it. ;)
Prisoners should be offered meaningful work, which does help society. I'll let the politicians work out the details. Those inside who choose not to work, should be locked in their cells 24/7 and fed the remains of whatever the working prisoners have eaten that day (if there's not enough to go round , then tough.)

Debt To Society... I told you to remember that one. Until people realise that prisoners do owe a debt to society, we'll have to put up with these do-gooding liberal types . The ones who bleat on about prisoners rights, whilst very conveniently forgetting the rights of victims of crime. The ones who keep telling us that the criminals are the real victims, don't deserve space in the newspapers or time on the television, to peddle their malicious views.

The debt is their liberty taken away, when out and licence is over it's paid in full.

No, that's what YOU say punishment is....this is where YOU are getting mixed up. :rolleyes:

You are wrong.

Peaps, the riots was orchestrated by the screws, i know, i was around at the times when the screws were actively encouraging people and calling us shiit bags, it kicked of a few weeks later.

Things were changing for the screws, hrs, pay or whatever and a riot sorted that out.

That's not true

Sorry, but I live just down the road from there and there's loads go missing. I do read the local papers (they must have a standard form prepared and just insert the prisoners name)

The debt is their liberty taken away

Hmm not really a fair swap is it?? I'll take your freedom away, in return for 3 square meals, centrally heated accommodation, excellent facilities, health care, etc etc, just as long as you feel you've repaid for your heinous crimes.

Yep sounds totally fair doesn't it.
Prisoners are kept in better accommodation and treated better than many old age pensioners these days (many who feel trapped in their own homes because of the fear of crime)

Sponsored Links
Back