This is the sort of pledge that might get my vote.

You do know that even your Government ackowledgded, and still acknowledges shortages ? Of more than just tomatoes.
I. Don’t. Care. Who acknowledges it. I didn’t see it round my way. Notch claimed to see round his way. I put up pictures of my local supermarket showing full shelves. All he had to do was to put up pictures of empty shelves in his supermarket. He didn’t/wouldn’t/couldn’t but instead just kept on insisting there were shortages. There can only be one reason why he couldn’t show pictures.

Sponsored Links
I. Don’t. Care. Who acknowledges it. I didn’t see it round my way. Notch claimed to see round his way. I put up pictures of my local supermarket showing full shelves. All he had to do was to put up pictures of empty shelves in his supermarket. He didn’t/wouldn’t/couldn’t but instead just kept on insisting there were shortages. There can only be one reason why he couldn’t show pictures.
Did the Government show any pictures when they acknowledged it?

Or do you think they were unable to?

Or just not going to that extreme ?

pictures of individual supermarkets arent proof, but you keep on digging yourself a hole

I provided you with proof with reports from the retail industry and distribution at the time....and you went quiet

I provided you with proof with reports from the retail industry and distribution at the time....and you went quiet
I provided my personal experience and was asking you to do the same. You wouldn’t because you didn’t want to believe your own eyes because it didn’t back up your claims. You preferred the claims from others that tallied with what you thought a post Brexit Britain should be like. It wasn’t.

Sponsored Links
Did the Government show any pictures when they acknowledged it?

Or do you think they were unable to?

Or just not going to that extreme ?
Don’t care. I didn’t experience it. That was my point. I proved what was in my supermarket and on their shelves. Many on here didn’t like it. You wouldn’t have liked it either if you were a member at the time. Seemed to be that every remainer on here was experiencing terrible shortages due to Brexit but all they were willing to post up were stock pictures of empty supermarket shelves.

Don’t care. I didn’t experience it. That was my point. I proved what was in my supermarket and on their shelves. Many on here didn’t like it. You wouldn’t have liked it either if you were a member at the time. Seemed to be that every remainer on here was experiencing terrible shortages due to Brexit but all they were willing to post up were stock pictures of empty supermarket shelves.
Personal anecdotes are fair enough, they happen to all of us.

Have to admit you are the lucky one in the lucky area then to have avoided what has been publicised.

My own experience at the time, was that tins of cream for my morning coffee, gradually disappeared from the shelves. I/we normally keep a fair stock of anything which is used regularly, and which will keep, so we had plenty of stock in the pantry. It became a case of looking for it, and restocking when they had it on the shelf. Other than that, there were no shortages we suffered at all.

All shops and supermarkets do occasionally suffer shortages, of individual items, that is perfectly normal. I've at times been in Lidl, when they have run out of milk, or a certain dog food - it doesn't indicate a national shortage, just a minor local supply hiccup.

All shops and supermarkets do occasionally suffer shortages, of individual items, that is perfectly normal. I've at times been in Lidl, when they have run out of milk, or a certain dog food - it doesn't indicate a national shortage, just a minor local supply hiccup.
Same here - last week no frozen Aunt Bessie Yorkshires in Sainsbury’s. I had to make my own.

He is not alone though. Not a single shortage around me in Devon.
That's absoloute rubbish and nobody needs to even visit to check..

Categorically not a single shortage! Impossible ! Supermarkets have shortages for various reasons, including system errors not re ordering

So I call BS !

My own experience at the time, was that tins of cream for my morning coffee, gradually disappeared from the shelves. I/we normally keep a fair stock of anything which is used regularly, and which will keep, so we had plenty of stock in the pantry. It became a case of looking for it, and restocking when they had it on the shelf. Other than that, there were no shortages we suffered at all.

The supermarkets now have more frequent shortages and less choice.

That’s because of brexit

That’s just a fact

It not always as obvious as the Great Tomato Famine, though.
Often, the casual shopper would not even notice; only when it is the thing that you want, does it register.
Over the last few months, I have been variously been unable to buy the following, as they have been out of stock:

- raisins, and sultanas
- dried apricots
- natural yoghurt
- brussels sprouts

Whether these were local or wider issues, who knows...''

That's absoloute rubbish and nobody needs to even visit to check..

Categorically not a single shortage! Impossible ! Supermarkets have shortages for various reasons, including system errors not re ordering

So I call BS !

Come on Carman you are usually a lot smarter than that.

Sponsored Links
Back