Tory Leadership Race

Sponsored Links
Receiving a large amount of money, and paying some tax on it, does not bankrupt anybody.

It leaves them richer than they were before.
I suggest you do some research to see how an estate worth say £20m would be impact under labours proposed changes.

ordinary working people pay income tax

rich people earn money by return on assets..........its perfectly acceptable for the tax rate to be the same

but of course Motorbiking wants poor people to pay more tax than rich
Define ordinary working person?

Sponsored Links
I’ll take that as.. you have looked and now realise the issue someone would face having to settle inheritance on business assets that cannot easily be liquidated within the time frame.

labours proposed changes.
Just what are those. Give me a list.
BBC are a Tory mouthpiece. Is nonsense.
That is true. However in this particular case they know that the treasury would not make a statement like this - illustrated by them asking directly..

Just edit a bit more in. This relates to most of our solid domestic reporting such as BBC and C4. They do not offer opinions. They just report. C4 actually gave an example of this by broadcasting a Canadian news item that did explain a gov response to the public. They do interview people that do offer opinions but that is an entirely different area.

Last edited:
Had to laugh at Jeremy Hunts claim that Labour are lying about £22bn shortfall at the Treasury and the figure is in fact £39bn in the black.

That is true. However in this particular case they know that the treasury would not make a statement like this - illustrated by them asking directly..
Ministers are being asked to draw up billions of pounds in cuts to infrastructure projects over the next 18 months despite Rachel Reeves pledging to invest more to grow the economy, the Guardian has learned.

Members of the cabinet have been asked to model cuts to their investment plans of up to 10% of their annual capital spending as part of this month’s spending review, government sources said.

The chancellor is working on plans to change the government’s definition of debt to allow her to borrow billions more to spend on capital projects while sticking to her pledge of having debt begin to fall in five years’ time.

I’ll take that as.. you have looked and now realise the issue someone would face having to settle inheritance on business assets that cannot easily be liquidated within the time frame.
HMRC recognises this as an issue, particularly where an estate is largely made up of property which also cannot be liquidated easily, and allow IHT to be deferred for 10 years.

That’s probably enough time to sort out business assets, even at £20M.

All Labour said in their manifesto about it was to ‘end the use of offshore trusts to avoid inheritance tax‘. Some like to imagine the rest and make up policies where there are none.

HMRC recognises this as an issue, particularly where an estate is largely made up of property which also cannot be liquidated easily, and allow IHT to be deferred for 10 years.

That’s probably enough time to sort out business assets, even at £20M.
and this is what they intend to change according to many in the industry. Not to mention the deferral is subject to interest.
All Labour said in their manifesto about it was to ‘end the use of offshore trusts to avoid inheritance tax‘. Some like to imagine the rest and make up policies where there are none.
People like tax advisors you mean.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back