• Mel Stride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satan himself

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
something to like at least. Hopefully they wont back fill. The Lords are way, way too big.

All the Lords Spiritual should be removed or their voting rights withdrawn.
The suggestion was to cut it to the size of the house of commons as well but I'm not sure if it's a manifesto pledge.

Sponsored Links
You said it was “standard procedure”, please show me that evidence, not some irrelevant sh1t
I just showed you the procedure put in place for dealing with offences from the previous riot.

Still think its Starmer's magic hand?

It's what the system does to restore law and order.

Looks to me like a way of ousting hereditary peers, so the HoL becomes another chamber full of ex-politicians, elected by the respective party in power. Another American-style level of Congress as a means of blocking a Tory or Labour agenda.

Unfortunately that results in them getting bigger and bigger. Each government stuffs the lords with fan-boys to tip the balance.

The whole thing needs to be elected and I'd like to see some way for parties to be removed from influence. Perhaps something similar to magistrates. Not that the magistrates system is particularly good.

Unfortunately that results in them getting bigger and bigger. Each government stuffs the lords with fan-boys to tip the balance.

The whole thing needs to be elected and I'd like to see some way for parties to be removed from influence. Perhaps something similar to magistrates. Not that the magistrates system is particularly good.
You're missing the whole point of the HoL

Yes I don’t remember you complaining when Boris Johnson was stuffing the Lords to buy off people
Do you remember me complain about the new Labour cronies appointed jobs in the civil service? I'm not a professional Tory or Labour watcher like some on here.

It's meant as an independent scrutiniser of the HoC policy makers - fact checkers for the KIng, if you like. 'Stuffing' the Chamber full of political bias from either side is detrimental to the health of the Realm.

Switch it to a fixed number of seats and some rules about what % each party in parliament gets, plus independents, and we can get closer to something that makes sense.

It is obvious that ultra rapid courts are not standard procedure.
The facility to extend court hours is built into the system.

The Ministry of Justice indicated over the weekend that courts could sit for 24 hours to deal with the fallout from the violence, with ministers meeting with senior members of the judiciary yesterday for emergency talks. The Additional Courts Protocol, previously used following the 2011 London riots, allows courts to operate for longer hours with the agreement of the judiciary.

Kemi admitted hacking into a labour mp’s website, how has she still got a political career?

Sponsored Links
Back