Ukraine counter offensive

Depends what's sanctioned and how scarce it becomes.
You seem to talk with such authority on the subject I wonder if you visit there regularly and can cover such an expanse of land in that time to ascertain what's happening on the ground.
I can tell what’s happening on the ground.

Putin and his oligarchs siphon all the wealth out of the country, leaving very little for the people….this was all before sanctions.

Try watching Vasya in the hay on YouTube - that’s tells what rural Russia looks like

Sponsored Links
sanctions won’t make Russians starve unless Putin wants it to
If Putin is the monster you claim he is ,why would he care if his people are starving .
Of course, there is the argument that inflicting suffering on the civilian population will induce them to overthrow their leader.
On the other hand it could reinforce his grip on power because he can blame his peoples suffering on sanctions .
It could go either way, however, if history is anything to go by, it shows the Russians will fight if the believe their country and people under attack from the west.

Putin and his oligarchs siphon all the wealth out of the country, leaving very little for the people….this was all before sanctions.
Compare Russia today with how things were when Boris Yelsin was in charge.
Western Bankers were invited in to "Westernise" the Russian economy,they decided that what was was needed was economic shock therapy to revive the post communist economy, unfortunately their therapy killed the patient.
Russian GDP fell through the floor, widespread destitution among the ordinary folk, while the Oligarchs stole the nations assets, the EU and America welcomed these thieves with open arms because of the money they bought with them.
The Tory party never really worried about the source of Russian donations until they all fell out over Ukraine.

If Putin is the monster you claim he is ,why would he care if his people are starving .
Of course, there is the argument that inflicting suffering on the civilian population will induce them to overthrow their leader.
On the other hand it could reinforce his grip on power because he can blame his peoples suffering on sanctions .
It could go either way, however, if history is anything to go by, it shows the Russians will fight if the believe their country and people under attack from the west.
A heap load of logical fallacies and dishonesty there.

interesting you make no mention of Putins widescale propaganda and suppression of dissent

Sponsored Links
Compare Russia today with how things were when Boris Yelsin was in charge.
Western Bankers were invited in to "Westernise" the Russian economy,they decided that what was was needed was economic shock therapy to revive the post communist economy, unfortunately their therapy killed the patient.
Russian GDP fell through the floor, widespread destitution among the ordinary folk, while the Oligarchs stole the nations assets, the EU and America welcomed these thieves with open arms because of the money they bought with them.
The Tory party never really worried about the source of Russian donations until they all fell out over Ukraine.

Vinty says: “It’s not Putins fault, he is a jolly good chap, it’s all the fault of the West”.

Vinty says: “It’s not Putins fault, he is a jolly good chap, it’s all the fault of the West”.
I'd say he gave an accurate summary of events during the 1990s, don't you?
It's not as though he's making anything up - go ask @Bod ... why Roman A. bought Chelsea.

It's not as though he's making anything up - go ask @Bod ... why Roman A. bought Chelsea.
A bit early for you?
"Abramovich"​
That's how you spell his name.

widespread destitution among the ordinary folk, while the Oligarchs stole the nations assets, the EU and America welcomed these thieves with open arms because of the money they bought with them.

The Tory party never really worried about the source of Russian donations

Those bits were/are true. The rest of it is a bit hit and miss

A bit early for you?
"Abramovich"​
That's how you spell his name.
Cheers Bud: thought you'd be up at jym by now?

Mr. Abramovich purchased Chelski to avoid paying his dues to Mr Putin when the latter decided he'd had enough of Ollygarks like Abrahamovich taking money out of the country for their own personal gain rather than himself for the benefits of Russian peoples. Isn't that right?

Mr. Abramovich purchased Chelski to avoid paying his dues to Mr Putin when the latter decided he'd had enough of Ollygarks like Abrahamovich taking money out of the country for their own personal gain rather than himself for the benefits of Russian peoples. Isn't that right?

I'll begin by saying Ski as in Chelsea is generally polish.

Mr. Abramovich purchased Chelski to avoid paying his dues to Mr Putin when the latter decided he'd had enough of Ollygarks like Abrahamovich taking money out of the country for their own personal gain rather than himself for the benefits of Russian peoples. Isn't that right

I'll begin by saying Ski as in Chelsea is generally polish.
The rule of thumb, however, is that -ski usually is associated with Poles; -sky may be associated with Czechs, Ukrainians, Russians, etc. There are jillions of exceptions, but if you want a basic rule to go by, that's it. That's because Polish spelling rules say -k- can never be followed by -y, only by -i.

You mean we've all been saying it wrong for all those years: shocking!
Typical Russian surnames end in “ov” for men and “ova” for women: Ivanov and Ivanova, Smirnov and Smirnova. Another common ending is “in” and “ina”, such as Eltsin and Eltsina, or “skiy” and “skaya”, such as Chaikovskiy and Chaikovskaya.

Typical Russian surnames end in “ov” for men and “ova” for women: Ivanov and Ivanova, Smirnov and Smirnova. Another common ending is “in” and “ina”, such as Eltsin and Eltsina, or “skiy” and “skaya”, such as Chaikovskiy and Chaikovskaya.
I never knew you knew so much about Russian names. His time at Chelskov wasn't wasted.

You mean we've all been saying it wrong for all those years: shocking!
Roman is also Jewish and has strong links to the Ukraine
I never knew you knew so much about Russian names. His time at Chelskov wasn't wasted.
Chelskov would have been more appropriate. Maybe a clever comedian could have picked up on that.

Sponsored Links
Back