What have you had for dinner

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
In the caravan, so today's dinner was an especially easy one. Smoked sausage, peas, carrots, gravy, and dried mashed potato. The first, and the last items from Lidl, the last was surprisingly good, I've had worse tasting proper mash. I don't know the make, it wasn't one I've come across before, it came in a purple packet, rather than a box, and was a limited line.

Dunno if there’s a name for it but we are having what we call “pasta mash up". Basically, stir fry any veg you have left over - tonight I fried red onion, courgette, red and yellow peppers, garlic, mushrooms, French beans and broccoli.

View attachment 349305

Set aside. Boil up some Penne pasta, mix the two together, chuck in a jar of red pesto and that’s it. You can add some meat - tonight I fried off some chicken breast but my favourite is chorizo. Serve up with a covering of grated Parmesan.

View attachment 349304

I always make extra - you can warm it up in the micro the following day or just have it cold for lunch. (y)
Pasta mash up again. This time with a chorizo sausage thrown into the mix.

In the caravan, so today's dinner was an especially easy one. Smoked sausage, peas, carrots, gravy, and dried mashed potato. The first, and the last items from Lidl, the last was surprisingly good, I've had worse tasting proper mash. I don't know the make, it wasn't one I've come across before, it came in a purple packet, rather than a box, and was a limited line.

That brings back happy memories. Mum would take food for six people for three weeks, squirreled away somehow in the caravan. I've eaten Smash in more places than you could believe. Including East Germany.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That brings back happy memories. Mum would take food for six people for three weeks, squirreled away somehow in the caravan. I've eaten Smash in more places than you could believe. Including East Germany.

This tasted much better than the Smash. A day or two before we set off, the F/F is switched on, to get it to temperature, then we transfer a few of our ready homemade meals, from our freezer, to the caravan. That gives us a start, to avoid having to dash urgently out for food/ time to plan the rest of the meals out.

This tasted much better than the Smash. A day or two before we set off, the F/F is switched on, to get it to temperature, then we transfer a few of our ready homemade meals, from our freezer, to the caravan. That gives us a start, to avoid having to dash urgently out for food/ time to plan the rest of the meals out.

The only things we used to buy were bread, milk and sometimes fresh fruit. Otherwise it was a bit like an Enid Blyton adventure with everything out of tins. And quite a few Vesta meals!

When we're on holiday, Mrs Mottie always 'suggests' I wear the previous days T-shirt/Polo shirt for breakfast "just in case". :mrgreen:

Or those ponchos that people buy at Alton Towers, to save them getting drenched on the log flume :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back