What have you had for dinner

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Are you certain you were in Italy?

Keeping it simple with chicken stir-fry and spring rolls tonight.

I certainly was, Brescia, staying on a motel for the duration. I only found one local take-away, selling pizza. The nearest I got to spaghetti, was mamas homemade lasagna, just up the road, at a trattoria she ran.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Whilst at Lidl, I collected a second sour dough loaf, having all enjoyed the first one, last week. I cut that into slices, then (apart from 4 slices) popped it in the freezer. Whilst doing that, the dog was hopping from one foot to the other, wanting a sample, so I buttered 4 slices and gave her one, three for me. I love my bread, if it's nice..
Have you tried their Oat and Honey loaf, also absolutely delicious, really crisp crust and not really any hint of honey but obviously sweet because of it, needs eating on day one though really as the crust gets softer and the dough a bit stodgy by the next day.

Have you tried their Oat and Honey loaf, also absolutely delicious, really crisp crust and not really any hint of honey but obviously sweet because of it, needs eating on day one though really as the crust gets softer and the dough a bit stodgy by the next day.

It sounds maybe a bit sweet for my taste. I went in yesterday early evening in the hope of getting another loaf, having failed to find any on my previous trip. Again the had none, so I asked a young assistant when is a good time to expect them to have some available. The reply was that they come out of their oven as the open on a morning, then at 10am, then at 2pm, all pre-scheduled. So I popped in today at 2:15 and there were four on the shelf, grabbed one, before hitting the local pub, for some lunch.

What I do with it one home, is slice it up entirely, bag it, and freeze it. It doesn't seem to mind the freezing.

Went out to a Japanese restaurant tonight. Quite a few Japanese in there, surprisingly.

IMG_2224.jpeg

Rump steak, chips, peas, mushrooms, tomato, and pepper sauce. Avril cooked the steak, etc., sourced from Lidl, I won't touch it until it's cooked, I'm squeamish about raw meat. I had pre-cooked the chips, and the steak has to be well done, for me, all the way through. It was lovely and tender.

Spag Bol. The Bol was batch cooked a few weeks ago and frozen in portions so only had to thaw it out, boil the Spag and cook some garlic bread slices in the air fryer. Took me 10 minutes max. Mrs Mottie was well pleased with that when she came in from her Pilates class.

Rump steak, chips, peas, mushrooms, tomato, and pepper sauce. Avril cooked the steak, etc., sourced from Lidl, I won't touch it until it's cooked, I'm squeamish about raw meat. I had pre-cooked the chips, and the steak has to be well done, for me, all the way through. It was lovely and tender.

As Uncle Monty once said:

'I can never touch raw meat until it's cooked. As a youth, I used to weep in butchers' shops!'

Sponsored Links
Back