Winter fuel allowance

So those that gained their valuable assets without paying the full price shouldn't have to downsize to pay for their heating if needed ?

It makes a mockery out of those that are genuinely affected by costs if so that had to pay full value or pay full rent.

So you would throw out a single pensioner (who has lost her partner), from her home of many many years.

Never mind her memories, her friends, her comfort, destroy what is left of her life, for ideological reasons.

Shame on any government which introduce/approve/ or suggest such actions.

Sponsored Links
So you would throw out a single pensioner (who has lost her partner), from her home of many many years.

Never mind her memories, her friends, her comfort, destroy what is left of her life, for ideological reasons.

Shame on any government which introduce/approve/ or suggest such actions.
Who said anything about throwing anybody out of a house ?

False claim.

OK, but it was wrong, and I showed you an up-to-date eminent article that shows that the government haven no mandate to make sweeping assessments of peoples' bank accounts.
They can only do it on a one-by-one basis and with good reason.
2021 is out of date. That doesn't apply any more.
Then, it was wrong. The person who wrote it quoted his misapprehension. It was his interpretation, unless you think "Willy Nilly" was ever part of any legislation.
AND the situation has changed since, which I outlined.

This is from someone who's a regional HMRC manager. I chatted with him for quite a while. I can't quote all the details of the conversation but the conclusion was clear.
In practice there are no constraints on what they can look at. As I already told you, check your T's & C's. "Good reason"? = Something looked odd.

IMHO, it would be plain stupid fo someone who only identifies as a frequently-barred forum troll, to assert that he was wrong. But that's what trolls do.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On reflection of the matter of the thread, Starmer's timing is crap, he should have announced something to hit the rich first.

I think it just shows how political blind Starmer and Reeves and their cabinet are

We’ll all be paying for their idiotic moves

That's as may be, I just think councils should have been allowed to replace those sold.

With that, I can agree, but selling off council housing, made little or no difference to the amount overall, of the housing available. Housing shortage, is a separate issue, to the sell-off.

Things seem very knee jerk reactions.

Not something befitting a party who have had 14 years to formulate a coherent plan
Honestly, I don't think there is a solution. To me politicians are just here to move the discontent around different communities from time to time thus keeping a lid on the cooking pot.

Would that coherent plan, well apart from sipping champagne for 14 years, include their own report that 3850 pensioners would die as a result of their actions?

This is a classic well worth revisiting.

87938815-13690549-Rachel_Reeves_previously_spoke_at_her_pride_over_standing_up_for-a-23_17223...jpeg

Note the tense of my last sentence, I did not say it would happen, but may be thought of in future.

Could try freezing them out.
That's backtracking on a major scale.

The point I made is that if a pensioner has a valuable asset that they got at a vastly subsidised price, why should they be entitled to the wfa .

They have had a major contribution from society already. To qualify for further additional benefits that not every pensioner gets that asset should be taken into account.

If that means they decide to downsize then why not, they are not having that massive asset value taken away from them.

Leave the limited money in the limited pot for those that need and deserve it.

Would that coherent plan, well apart from sipping champagne for 14 years, include their own report that 3850 pensioners would die as a result of their actions?

This is a classic well worth revisiting.

View attachment 355038
He's gotta u turn on this. It's worse than the recent tory embarrassments. Well worn reference to Mick and Elton ?

Don't be silly, if there are 10,000,000 houses available to live in and you sell 1,000,000, there are still 10,000,000 to live in.

Just different owners.
Don't be silly. There are fewer houses available now to rent at affordable prices.

Sponsored Links
Back