Winter fuel allowance

Sponsored Links
If your home is worth £1M, and you have no savings, you are reliant entirely on income - the pension. Over the limit, you will receive very little in the way of financial concessions. The £1M home will also likely need lots of expensive work to be done upon it, just to keep it in an habitable state. I often see such homes, on Homes Under the Hammer, where the owner has passed away.

The UK pension is one of the worst in Europe. The pensioners of the UK deserve better, than penny-pinching by government.

It appears you do not know the eligibility rules for Pension Credit.

Let me help you.

Sponsored Links
He's gotta u turn on this. It's worse than the recent tory embarrassments. Well worn reference to Mick and Elton ?
The leading Labour MP against the move does not see it that way. She realises that the costs of WFA need to be reduced.

Thank you, John, I know the rules, well enough..
Then you will know that ownership of a million-pound house does not disqualify you from Pension Credit, nor the other benefits it gives access to, nor the WFA.

So your statement

If your home is worth £1M, and you have no savings, you are reliant entirely on income - the pension. Over the limit, you will receive very little in the way of financial concessions.

Was not relevant to this thread

I hope you were not suggesting that millionaires should be given special taxpayer handouts to defay the extra costs of maintaining their mansions, Rolls-Royces, swimming pools, private jets and Mediterranean villas.

The £1M home will also likely need lots of expensive work to be done upon it, just to keep it in an habitable state

but selling off council housing, made little or no difference to the amount overall
So what?

RTB is directly responsible for the loss of 2m social housing stock. It doesn't help over 1m households who are on council and HA waiting lists to say "don't worry, Mr and Mrs Smith got a nice cheap house, now worth a small fortune, stop moaning."

I want those that need it to get it. I have never known any pensioner in a millionaire household be forced to sell because they lost less than £4 a week.

Or almost double that, if you include the TV licence, then there is all the inflation, on top.

Or almost double that, if you include the TV licence, then there is all the inflation, on top.
Which lots of needy people suffer.

Pensioners are no longer the poorest members of our nation.

The really is no justification for lobbing taxpayer handouts at people who don't need them.

So what?

RTB is directly responsible for the loss of 2m social housing stock. It doesn't help over 1m households who are on council and HA waiting lists to say "don't worry, Mr and Mrs Smith got a nice cheap house, now worth a small fortune, stop moaning."
If the people living in them who bought them, didn't buy them, they'd still be in them, renting them.

Sponsored Links
Back