Winter fuel allowance

They are not the big businesses who are paying next to nothing ,you know the ones they said if they tax them it will solve all our problems . And by hitting energy companies it could very well back fire on the billions of investments in renewabls etc

With windfall taxes they were already paying 75%, that's up to 78% and for an extended term, plus removal of offsets against exploration etc.
That's the end of North Sea oil and gas and 40,000 jobs in Scotland plus less energy security for UK.

Sponsored Links
Tories refused to use local labs and NHS system for testing….because they wanted to wait for their lighthouse private labs so they and their mates could make loads of money

Tories refused to allow businesses experienced in the procurement of PPE, instead they used businesses with zero experience to provide them with useless PPE

Both things impacted people in care homes….caused by Tory greed
So WHERE do you think they should have sent them ?

Sponsored Links
So WHERE do you think they should have sent them ?
Where should the people, who were infected with a dangerous disease, which they could spread by close contact or sharing a room, have been sent when thrown out of hospital?

They should have been tested, and not sent to a place full of vulnerable people likely to die if they became infected.

No need to thank me.

Where should the people, who were infected with a dangerous disease, which they could spread by close contact or sharing a room, have been sent when thrown out of hospital?

They should have been tested, and not sent to a place full of vulnerable people likely to die if they became infected.

No need to thank me.
So where should they have been sent simple question

Noseall you could try answering the question rather than try to divert from the Labour government policy.
Borrowing – which reflects the difference between what government spends and what it raises – is estimated to have reached almost 17% of GDP in 2020–21. This is easily the highest level of borrowing since the Second World War. The previous peacetime record, set in 2009–10 following the financial crisis, was 10%.

They also dialled in spending cuts, frozen allowances and a corp tax change.

GDP in that period was ~£2t

Reeves's actions are likely to relate to the OBR long term risk report that I posted.

Labour government policy.
That relates to shutting off an escalating gov expenditure. Set to escalate for a rather long time. t's an oddball in as much as the need to get some on pension credits. If all who need it get on it expenditure exceeds the gain from ending WFP for many however that will be offset by the savings. So say pension credits cost £2b and there is a £1,5b saving total cost of the pension credit aspect is £500m.

Triple lock. A subject Labour didn't want to go into. Tory said that some years hence those on a state pension will start paying tax so they will increase the tax allowance to prevent this happening. ;) For ever???

So Labour may mess about with the triple lock. ;) Some on here think they should. I wouldn't want to guess how as it's a complex subject. It has made ending WFP payments a lot more feasible. :) I can' be bothered adding for many as it's bloody obvious.

There is still another escalating cost around. That is the actual state pension that goes to all who retire at some level or the other. A concern for me as looked at as a % of my private pension it's rather significant.

Other parties. All can see the above but their main aim is to be critical what ever is done.

Thanks ajohn both informative and useful posts. Nobody would disagree about the need for sensible expenditure against income and even increased government borrowing if prudent.

But to cut WFA and on the same day increase expenditure on public service pay by far more then would be saved does not look good, prudent or even sensible. To then have the commons vote on it with Labour MP cheering when they 'won' is not a good look.

Gave everyone the option of buying shares about 30yrs ago, and then made everyone pay for the rest of their lives

Yep. Instead of investing any profits, our utilities now send their surplus to foreign lands to enrich shareholders and fat cats. Now we have some of the most expensive electricity in Europe and sewage routinely discharged into rivers.

Sponsored Links
Back