Status
Not open for further replies.
Still too close to call

211 Kamala Harris democrat
219 Donald Trump republican

270 needed to win.

Sponsored Links
In other news,

"Shares in Donald Trump’s social media company hit their lowest level on Monday since the lossmaking group went public almost five months ago.

Trump Media & Technology shares fell as low as $22.26 in early trade, dipping below their previous April nadir of $22.55 and marking a 72 per cent slide from their late March peak just after the company went public via a blank-cheque company under the ticker DJT — Trump’s initials.

This month, the company, which includes Trump’s Truth Social platform, reported revenues of $837,000 in the three months to June, down 30 per cent from the same period last year while net losses shrank to $16.4mn from $22.8mn. "

FT.com

It really is bizarre, truly bizarre, when you listen to Trump. I saw a clip of him earlier at a rally talking about how (he?) was better looking than Kamala, or maybe he was referring to Walz the running mate. Regardless, it was bizarre (as many of his speeches are) and you kind of just watch thinking 'this guy could be president?!?'

I get their approach to selecting a leader is different from ours, however I do wonder if Abraham Lincoln ever said along the lines of 'And you know, I'm better looking than John Breckinridge, Stephen Douglas AND John Bell. Darn it, I'm better looking than the whole damn lot!'

Who knows, maybe he did come out with equally ridiculous statements, however I have my doubts ...

Sponsored Links
Biden gave an excellent speech, very dignified and gracious.

And so far the demos are much smaller than anticipated.
yep a very surprisingly good speech with only the one dig about being too old mind the back slapping etc etc afterwards was very staged

Protesting about rapists in positions of power probably. Oops, wrong party, my mistake...

and how many are there now ?
Reports say smaller that expected. Much implied. Another mentioned that a green was addressing the crowd. She had to leave the convention to campaign in a swing state. Busy lady.

A report says Harris has announced an increase in corporation tax - 28% Her policy will probably be dribbled out over a period of time.

Trump is calling her a communist. Interesting one. I knew some people from Kansas City. Thanks to talk about fast tracking they agreed that Clinton was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back