Don't want our money? Ok.

******WE HAVE A WINNER!!!******

Seems like you have inadvertantly found the one, single benefit of Brexit! We all knew there had to be one somewhere. Yes, you heard it here first, folks. British visitors to the tiny Greek holiday island of Kos no longer have to fight for souvlaki with the Euro masses at the airport. They can relax in comfort with international travellers in a special lounge.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;);)
If you do visit the marina, you will see a couple of British flagged sailing boats that I was able to export VAT free, because of Brexit. I will be sending a power boat out next season also (funded with the savings).

Sponsored Links
If I remember right, Kalymnos is sponge island. Nice little harbour and one or two tavernas right on the water.
Sounds like you are talking about Vathi? "Greek for deep".

27259386619_66d1697a7c_z.jpg

Correct - lots of shops selling sponges and a bloke on the Town Quay, who is affectionately known as "sponge bob" will sell you one for 4 times the price. He will also "assist" all the charter boat skippers with their parking, convincing them they have done it wrong and need his expert assistance to guilt them in to a purchase.

If you do visit the marina, you will see a couple of British flagged sailing boats that I was able to export VAT free, because of Brexit. I will be sending a power boat out next season also (funded with the savings).
Yay. Another Brexit bonus. (y)

A remainer will be along shortly saying its nonsense and the queues at the airports take longer.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you are talking about Vathi? "Greek for deep".

27259386619_66d1697a7c_z.jpg

Correct - lots of shops selling sponges and a bloke on the Town Quay, who is affectionately known as "sponge bob" will sell you one for 4 times the price. He will also "assist" all the charter boat skippers with their parking, convincing them they have done it wrong and need his expert assistance to guilt them in to a purchase.

No, was definitely island of Kalymnos, AKA 'Sponge Island'.

Are there any stats on airport queues?
Kos also has a separate airport lounge for international tourists (non EU) so there are no queues for food, like there are in the EU lounge.
Motorbiking might have been talking nonsense. There are seven food outlets available to all, and just three available to non-Schengen citizens. And one of the non-Schengen food outlets only serves pies, hot dogs and finger food.
As UK was not in the Schengen zone before Brexit. Brexit has had no effect on UK passengers using the non-Schengen food outlets.

In addition, international travellers face longer queues, for processing through the airport, than domestic passengers. Schengen passengers are considered domestic travellers.
Are there queues at Kos Airport?
Kos Airport Hippocrates
Kos Airport recommends passengers check in at least 2 to 3 hours before scheduled departure for international flights and 1 to 2 hours for domestic flights. The airport can experience long queues, particularly during the busy summer season from May to October.

That's not data, that's fluff

Heathrow airport have some data but it's not exactly what I was interested in.

In March 2016 roughly 96% of non EEA queues (<45 mins) met the SLA and 99.9% of EEA queues. (<25mins)

In March 2023 they'd dropped to around 85% and 99%

Last edited:
Never understood the attraction of Spain, it's overrun with tourists, you get more for your money and less touristy if you travel further east. Romania and Moldova is where we're heading this year.
lol. Would rather stay at home rather than going to racist East European ****holes.

That's not data, that's fluff

Heathrow airport have some data but it's not exactly what I was interested in.

In March 2016 roughly 96% of non EEA queues (<45 mins) met the SLA and 99.9% of EEA queues. (<25mins)

In March 2023 they'd dropped to around 85% and 99%

Not sure how helpful Heathrow data is given there are no additional checks leaving the U.K. and EU passengers can use the faster electronic passport gates the same as U.K. citizens.

Motorbiking might have been talking nonsense. There are seven food outlets available to all, and just three available to non-Schengen citizens. And one of the non-Schengen food outlets only serves pies, hot dogs and finger food.
As UK was not in the Schengen zone before Brexit. Brexit has had no effect on UK passengers using the non-Schengen food outlets.

In addition, international travellers face longer queues, for processing through the airport, than domestic passengers. Schengen passengers are considered domestic travellers.

Doesn’t sound like you’ve been there.

Sponsored Links
Back