Here come the excuses

Sponsored Links
Not sure about potless, maybe witless politicians. They've taken the heating allowance from pensioners, but somehow can afford to give £11.6 billion to African despots and dictators in overseas climate aid. Is it so they can convert their Mercedes limousines and private planes to battery power?

The only affect all this will have on lessening carbon emmissions is by pensioners alone in their bedsits unable to afford to put the heating on, so using less of those nasty fossil fuels. :rolleyes:

Or is it just Lammy sending home a bit of money?

It's been given to reduce climate change pollution.
But you don't believe it. You're welcome to your opinion even if it is based on your rampant racism. :rolleyes:

I can’t see Labour achieving much on that, although I believe they are going to tackle it with the best intentions

TIt needs international cooperation….and no country want to talk about the refugee crisis, because every govt has right wing populists in the background weaponising it for political self interest. People like the lying Farage
As well as anonymous left wing populists on internet forums weaponising it for trolling purposes. People like the lying Notch7.

Sponsored Links
As well as anonymous left wing populists on internet forums weaponising it for trolling purposes. People like the lying Notch7.
I'm not sure there are any left wing populists, see below.

How or why would a 'left wing' person weaponise arguments about immigration?
It's illogical.
If they're presenting arguments, that's topical and absolutely acceptable.
There is no logical 'left wing populist' argument about immigration.

On the other hand RWR will blame the immigrants for their own failings.

Are there any left wing populists?
But "most successful populists today are on the right, particularly the radical right," Prof Mudde said.

Politicians "like Marine Le Pen in France, Viktor Orbán in Hungary, and Donald Trump in the US, combine populism with [anti-immigrant] nativism and authoritarianism," he added.

It seems the opposite is true

The French wanted the Euro believing it would protect them against the power of a reunified Germany

“In French eyes, Germany divided was reassuringly weak; Germany united would be frighteningly strong. Faced with this, the French President, François Mitterrand, came to believe that a single European currency was the only way for other European countries to regain the sovereignty they had already lost to Germany – and in particular to the German central bank, which maintained a super-strong Deutschemark”

So German exporters didn't benefit from using the Euro rather than the Deutschemark.

Whoever wrote this must be wrong then.

Once plagued by the strength of the Deutsche mark, Germany benefited from the euro's lower exchange rate, which made its goods more competitive abroad. That was particularly true within the eurozone itself, which accounts for about 40 percent of Germany's exports.22 Apr 2020

So German exporters didn't benefit from using the Euro rather than the Deutschemark.

Whoever wrote this must be wrong then.

Once plagued by the strength of the Deutsche mark, Germany benefited from the euro's lower exchange rate, which made its goods more competitive abroad. That was particularly true within the eurozone itself, which accounts for about 40 percent of Germany's exports.22 Apr 2020
Who wrote it?

It's strange that Evil Germany crops up in conversations about the EU. I wonder why?

Not me.
Probably someone who knows what they are talking about.
Although in economic theory, a strong currency can affect a nations exports.
So you find a sentence, not knowing who said it, not when nor where, and you accept it as true?
I just wrote this. It's just as acceptable as the sentence you found. :rolleyes:

Once secure by the strength of the Deutsche mark, Germany was at a disadvantage from the euro's lower exchange rate, which made its goods less competitive abroad. That was particularly true within the eurozone itself, which accounts for about 40 percent of Germany's exports.22 Apr 2020

Sponsored Links
Back