Energy Cap

Some countries / regions have mandated new commercial or domestic properties should include solar power.

California requires it on new builds.

The EU is thinking about requiring it by 2027 on all buildings.

Sponsored Links
We become reliant on energy, our economy quickly learns how to absorb it. I remember the days when all our gas came from coal & I remember the days when we first went out in the north sea & piped back what we call 'natural' gas.

You can put up all the wind turbines & solar panels that you feel the need to but what you don't understand is something that they're NOT telling you on your gogglebox of choice. Try to Google what that is.

We become reliant on energy, our economy quickly learns how to absorb it. I remember the days when all our gas came from coal & I remember the days when we first went out in the north sea & piped back what we call 'natural' gas.

You can put up all the wind turbines & solar panels that you feel the need to but what you don't understand is something that they're NOT telling you on your gogglebox of choice. Try to Google what that is.
To save us the bother of guessing what you're thinking, why not tell us, and provide a link to that theory that you want us to find?

Politicians love to throw around this word called "Windfall Tax" yet few of us actually understand what it truly means.

In the very few instances where such a tax has been introduced it has always been a tax on future profits & NOT historical profits. It can only ever be a tax on future profits. So those of you who think that BPessoShell's recent "windfall" profits of £fentytwelve BILLIONS $$$'s will be somehow siphoned back into your pockets are very much mistaken. The word "mistaken" is just one of a politicians many codewords for fooling Joe Public.

Sponsored Links
To save us the bother of guessing what you're thinking, why not tell us, and provide a link to that theory that you want us to find?
Have you tried to Google "how to use Google" . . . .

Ooooh, never mind.

what you don't understand is something that they're NOT telling you on your gogglebox of choice. Try to Google what that is.
You want us to google for something that we don't know because it is being withheld from us? You're not very good at this, are you?

You want us to google for something that we don't know because it is being withheld from us? You're not very good at this, are you?
Have you tried to Google "how to use Google" . . . .

Ooooh, never mind.

Some countries / regions have mandated new commercial or domestic properties should include solar power.

California requires it on new builds.

The EU is thinking about requiring it by 2027 on all buildings.
Slightly different weather in CA.

In Greece you hardly see any EVs or PV solar on the roof. They have crude hot water solar heaters. But few electricity solar installs. They all moan about how expensive fuel is. err hello - look up. In the UK we have around 1M homes with solar installs.

If you were to match me £ for £ on charity . . . . You'd need to sell your house & cash in your pension.
Who would I be matching though - Dork Lard? Dork Lard@rse? Dork Lard first blood? Brigade77? or any number of your aliases?

Newer systems tend to combine battery storage, there is no benefit in dumping power to the grid. The Feed in Tariffs are worthless now. The game now is to integrate your generation to your storage and consumption.
Truss ;) or her advisors seem to favour off shore wind. Cost seems to have dropped due to bigger windmills and more use. To me it makes sense. Probably needs storage as well as what it produces depend on the wind.

I am not so sure nuke as a top up makes sense in some ways but by having several reactors in a station they can vary output. I wonder if gas still figures. We have the kit. The hydrogen needs to be included some how. Nuke could do that - another way of having variable output. Nuke takes a while to build and some one has to pay for them.

UK debt - direct gov. I'd guess we could go to 1.3xGDP providing it made sense ~£700b more. Mustn't upset the money market. We'd be finished if that was extreme.

A Corbyn point. Say BP was state owned, 100% shares or what ever. The gov could influence where profit went for strategic reasons and choose to write off their current assets at a rate of their choosing, A business will go the most cost effective way.

Latest idea about the cap - it will be at current prices which people are receiving help with. What about next year? It seems france has fixed prices and set a 4% per year increase in cost each year. Germany has also done something but not details given. Both are well sub £100m aid. 45 and 60 odd rings a bell. ;) Or there abouts.

She's just announced a £2,500 cap for 2 years - dropped the green levy. Probably makes no difference to the £2.5k. Vague on people who use oil for heating. Business support but only for 6 months.

The talk in the house is p issing me off. Seems labours idea is that the producers should fund all. No just contribute. She is going to sort out the energy industry. The business help duration - seems it will switch to need then - say care homes etc. Oh dear.

More licenses granted - to produce power I assume, didn't catch all of it.

BofE to provide £40b liquidity.

LOL 2.5 cap in October, Should have mentioned that.

Last edited:
90% of the world's power storage is Pumped Storage.
Solar or wind power is generated and either fed straight to the grid or used to pump between two reservoirs.
When the wind drops or at night, the water is released and generates to replace the panel/windmill output.

The solar farms near me have sheep grazing under the panels and the sheep like the shelter.

Sponsored Links
Back