EU united against payment for gas in Roubles? Nah!

Because you live in ignorance
I'm sure your protests made the front page of Unionists Monthly where a few angry overweight gammons waved their Union Jacks.
There are dozens of news outlets not reporting your EU protests. Perhaps it's just that a handful of pi$$ed overweight middle aged gammons are not newsworthy.
Lol.

Sponsored Links
You must've gone to the wrong referendum Notch.

Thursday the 23rd of June 2016 the EU referendum question wording is:

Q. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

You seem to be confusing the mechanism of voting with the consequences of voting.

There were only 2 options:

1) a border between GB and NI

2) UK stay in Single Market

The border between GB and NI is a direct result of brexit, nothing to do with the EU

2) the UK leaves SM and CU, but NI stays aligned with ROI, ie inside Single Market for goods and a border between GB and NI

That was inferred more than voted for and mostly ignored by people. :ROFLMAO: The boarder in the sea was an interesting one. I wondered where and how they would float it. Also mention of a magic boarder that needs no checks at all. The craziest one of the lot. Borders of EU style involve checks and tariffs. Many do so not that unusual. We here have failed to establish ours this year as I mentioned. Argue against boarders - well why do we need one. One of the things the basic idea related to here was food. Putting tariffs on production that does not meet our standards. That to protect our own producers. Big hole in that - if say chlorinated chicken is more expensive than what we produce ourselves who would buy it? To sell it would need to be cheaper. We already import chicken from the east - it finishes up in pies and items like that.

Sponsored Links
The boarder in the sea was an interesting one. I wondered where and how they would float it. Also mention of a magic boarder that needs no checks at all.

Most countries have a 12 mile limit around their coasts John, used to be six miles till some Italians set up an Island. I've spent a lot of time at sea and I've never encountered a 'floating barrier of ropes and buoys', it's just 'there', on a chart. I don't want to explain any further to avoid pulling myself down to your level of intellect.
But take my word for it, there are no 'floating borders armed by customs agents' on the Irish sea, it's not practical, not possible and not necessary.

Borders of EU style involve checks and tariffs. Many do so not that unusual. We here have failed to establish ours this year as I mentioned. Argue against boarders - well why do we need one. One of the things the basic idea related to here was food. Putting tariffs on production that does not meet our standards.

Nobody disputes that, what is disputed is why the EU feel the need to carry out more customs checks on the short Irish border than the whole of the European landmass border on their mainland, something like double iirc. Incidentally, there are no tariffs, we have a tariff and quota free trade deal with the, one of the few countries in the world that do.

That to protect our own producers. Big hole in that - if say chlorinated chicken is more expensive than what we produce ourselves who would buy it? To sell it would need to be cheaper. We already import chicken from the east - it finishes up in pies and items like that.

Most of the world eats chlorinated chicken, most of the world has chlorine in it's drinking water at not much above the level used to wash chicken. The EU accepts there is technically nothing wrong with chlorinated chicken, the WTO and the WHO agree. It's a simple protectionist measure by the EU who denounce it for no logical reason.
FFS the reason for rejecting meat fed with GM crops was based on an argument that Italian girls were 'hairier' than some of there counterparts.

And Italian girls are still hairy.
I've been to Italy quite a few times. I've seen loads of pretty young non-hairy Italian girls. I've seen loads of hairy old women too. Never seen any in between - they are a bit of a missing link. It's as if they go up to the mountains in their twenties and come back down in their fifties covered in a carpet of hairs.

I've been to Italy quite a few times. I've seen loads of pretty young non-hairy Italian girls. I've seen loads of hairy old women too. Never seen any in between - they are a bit of a missing link. It's as if they go up to the mountains in their twenties and come back down in their fifties covered in a carpet of hairs.

I grew up close to Heathrow and indeed worked in fright forwarding for a number of years. I could identify virtually all national flag carriers by the tailplane markings/symbols, Alitalia were particularly easy to recognise as they had hair under the wings.

Most of the world eats chlorinated chicken,

Just an example and I am sure you know what I mean - food production standards.

Your beating a hollow drum with a broken skin anyway. There are other aspects that wont help Brexit. One was covid the other now is Ukraine. I needn't mention increased demand for all sorts of things. Brexit effects just add to the rest.

My old mum always told me eatin me school dinners would put hair on me chest, not so good for young Italian girls of course.

Beef hormone controversy - Wikipedia

It was not producers asking for protectionist measures who were pressuring the EU, but consumers, expressing concerns over the safety of hormone use. There were a series of widely publicized "hormone scandals" in Italy in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The first, in 1977, was signs of the premature onset of puberty in northern Italian schoolchildren, where investigators had cast suspicion in the direction of school lunches that had used meat farmed with the (illegal) use of growth hormones. No concrete evidence linking premature puberty to growth hormones was found, in part because no samples of the suspect meals were available for analysis. But public anger arose at the use of such meat production techniques, to be further fanned by the discovery in 1980 of the (again illegal) presence of diethylstilbestrol (DES), another synthetic hormone, in veal-based baby foods.[10][12]

Most countries have a 12 mile limit around their coasts John, used to be six miles till some Italians set up an Island.
New headline = UK Customs people down while trying to board ships from jet skis. They had tried asking what they were carrying but it didn't work out. Even Tesco had been caught smuggling although they claimed it was a paperwork mistake. Some how tins of tuna turned out to be litres of spirits.

Last edited:
Nobody disputes that, what is disputed is why the EU feel the need to carry out more customs checks on the short Irish border than the whole of the European landmass border on their mainland, something like double iirc. Incidentally, there are no tariffs, we have a tariff and quota free trade deal with the, one of the few countries in the world that do

There aren’t more checks on the Irish border - that was a load of bolox from a Brexit lobby group.

The UK does not have a tariff free deal with the EU

Even after 6 years you still don’t know tariffs are not the major barriers to trade.

I suggest you go and educate yourself.

go and google these:

rules of origin checks
Sanitary and phytosanitary controls
Carnets
Cabotage
Transit documents
Customs declarations

and you might begin to realise why there is so much damage to trade with our biggest trade partner.

Most of the world eats chlorinated chicken, most of the world has chlorine in it's drinking water at not much above the level used to wash chicken. The EU accepts there is technically nothing wrong with chlorinated chicken, the WTO and the WHO agree. It's a simple protectionist measure by the EU who denounce it for no logical reason.

what a load of unadulterated tosh

It has nothing to do with chlorine, it’s the far lower sanitary and welfare standards in the USA.

by the way, Chlorine is only one of various antimicrobial washes used in America - and Chlorine isn’t all that common - so that’s your argument dead in the water

My old mum always told me eatin me school dinners would put hair on me chest, not so good for young Italian girls of course.

Beef hormone controversy - Wikipedia

It was not producers asking for protectionist measures who were pressuring the EU, but consumers, expressing concerns over the safety of hormone use. There were a series of widely publicized "hormone scandals" in Italy in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The first, in 1977, was signs of the premature onset of puberty in northern Italian schoolchildren, where investigators had cast suspicion in the direction of school lunches that had used meat farmed with the (illegal) use of growth hormones. No concrete evidence linking premature puberty to growth hormones was found, in part because no samples of the suspect meals were available for analysis. But public anger arose at the use of such meat production techniques, to be further fanned by the discovery in 1980 of the (again illegal) presence of diethylstilbestrol (DES), another synthetic hormone, in veal-based baby foods.[10][12]

Strawman

growth hormones aren’t banned because of concerns about hair growth.

1) Carcinogenic properties

In 1999, the Scientific Committee on Veterinary Measures Relating to Public Health (SCVMPH) carried out a review on hormone treated beef.

It concluded that estradiol-17β - one of the six hormones commonly used in US beef production – “has to be considered a complete carcinogen” (having the potential to cause cancer). This is because the hormone “exerts both tumour initiating and tumour promoting effects

https://www.soilassociation.org/cau...k-us-trade-deal/what-is-hormone-treated-beef/

Sponsored Links
Back