EV are they worth it?

...with no losses.
A 100t weight 26m up, in Earths average gravity, contains about 7.1kWh of potential energy.

What you do with it is up to you, but I don't think there's any way to actually lose any of it.

But please do let everybody know if you manage to create about 0.28µg of matter....

Sponsored Links
Now there's an idea. I reckon a small bungalow is about 100 tonnes, so maybe we can have a system where we winch the entire house up in the air overnight, get a great view in the morning, and then the fall provides the energy for the day :D
Can I have some batteries instead, please.

A 100t weight 26m up, in Earths average gravity, contains about 7.1kWh of potential energy.

What you do with it is up to you, but I don't think there's any way to actually lose any of it.

But please do let everybody know if you manage to create about 0.28µg of matter....

Of course there is! Electrical generators are bloody good, but they're not 100% efficient, and then there are grid losses on to of that. Remember, we are talking about electrical power generation here...

Sponsored Links
Of course there is! Electrical generators are bloody good, but they're not 100% efficient, and then there are grid losses on to of that. Remember, we are talking about electrical power generation here...
That's not what you said.

You were denying the amount of potential energy in an elevated mass.

When lowered, the potential energy becomes other forms of energy, but none of it is lost.

Back