EV are they worth it?

You don't think this country is authoritarian?
When it comes to EV's, no. People are free to resist EV's by not buying. This is less so in china, where people would be under full spectrum propaganda by the government from the cradle to the grave. In the west, big oil interests are on the side of the people, although not out of altruism.

The switch to EV is a necessary evolution.
No, it's unnecessary waste. It costs more to generate stored energy than just to consume the generating (as opposed to the generated) energy directly. Consuming natural gas directly for cooking and heating costs only 1/3 of consuming electricity to do the cooking and heating.

Switching to EV's is the brain going funny, and it's a devolution. Continuing on this path, people will turn into chimps. There is a case for EV's and that is to wean off from hostile arab, venezuelan, nigerian, and russian oil by switching to coal or nuclear energy. This would be done not for environmental or efficiency reasons. This will be necessary in war or a new round of colonisation. But, the war plan appeared to have hit a major pot hole in russia, and the rest of the plan stalled.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Driving an EV will turn you into a chimpanzee?
That's a new one on me.
Resistance is futile, the future is bright.
All cars electric by 2035, you'll see i'm right.

All cars electric by 2035, you'll see i'm right.
I only see you can't read. Should be "all new cars" - it doesn't preclude new ICE's that have a charging port that will never be used in practice. Wishful thinking doesn't mean it will become reality. At one point, people were trying to turn lead into gold. Reality did not agree. Same will happen here.

Do you really think some ape declaring gravity becoming illegal by 2050, it will become so?

Last edited:
The new Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Mandate unveiled today requires 80% of new cars and 70% of new vans sold in the UK to be zero emission by 2030, rising to 100% by 2035. The 2035 deadline puts the UK in line with countries such as France, Germany, Sweden and Canada.

The government has said it. I believe it.
And that is that.

Global warming gonna giddyup the whole shebang.

Sponsored Links
I made a point. You disagreed. Therefore, it is your burden to provide information that support your argument. Otherwise, it's a case of put up and shut up in regards to my point.

Oh, so that's how it works, is it? You're gonna be a busy boy then, aren't you...? :ROFLMAO:

I said that there were also $15k components that could fail on an ICE car. You disagreed. Therefore, it is your burden to provide information that support your argument. Otherwise, it's a case of put up and shut up in regards to my point.

One thing we do know is there is no $15k shocka for an ICE on a like for like basis.

:)

The Biden administration has a climate goal that 50 percent of all new car sales in the US will be electric by 2030. Meanwhile, China already reached that milestone this year, in 2024. Over the past decade, China has pulled numerous levers to scale up its electric vehicle industry, and key to that strategy has been the development of the most globally competitive EV battery. Their efforts have spawned the world’s biggest battery companies, like CATL and BYD.

A short video goes on to explain...

Sadly, yes. It's interesting in a much wider way, too. With no actual "democracy", as such, its leader(s) don't have to worry about getting re-elected, so they can pursue very long-term strategies, even if they cause short term pain. For decades now, China has been cosying-up to various third world countries with valuable mineral deposits. Western aid to these places, usually involves missionaries, and chucking them the odd bit of spare change, or a few tents and medical supplies when they have natural disasters. China, on the other hand, has been in there, on the ground, building roads and infrastructure for them (obviously, in return for mining rights, concessions, etc). It has built up levels of trust that never existed between these "former colonies" and the West. Now China is starting to reap the rewards of a 30-odd year policy, and finds itself in control of much of the mineral wealth on the planet, while the West scrambles around on the back foot.

Even now, we're not learning the lessons. We still have our own people, sitting there. mouthing-off about EVs, saying things like: "Yeah, look at all those coal-fired power stations in China! When they do something about their emissions, I'll do something about mine"! Now of course, China is doing something about it. China is adding renewables to its grid faster than anywhere else on the planet, and developing and perfecting those technologies. But by the time it overtakes us in that respect (as well as so many of the others), it will be too late for the old Luddites in the West to catch it up. These will be the same guys, by the way, who sit there crying into their warm beer about how Britain used to lead the world and now the bloody Chinese are leading everything...:rolleyes:. They won't remember that when we had the chance to devote resource and effort into developing future green technologies, so that we could be at the forefront, selling that technology to other countries around the world, THEY were the ones opposing it, every step of the way...

I only see you can't read. Should be "all new cars" - it doesn't preclude new ICE's that have a charging port that will never be used in practice. Wishful thinking doesn't mean it will become reality. At one point, people were trying to turn lead into gold. Reality did not agree. Same will happen here.

Do you really think some ape declaring gravity becoming illegal by 2050, it will become so?

No, the ban in 2035 extends to hybrids too. Get your facts right...:rolleyes:

EV sellers panic. Fan bois should load up. The thing is, if someone gives me an EV for free, I still don't want it.

Sadly, yes. It's interesting in a much wider way, too. With no actual "democracy", as such, its leader(s) don't have to worry about getting re-elected, so they can pursue very long-term strategies, even if they cause short term pain. For decades now, China has been cosying-up to various third world countries with valuable mineral deposits. Western aid to these places, usually involves missionaries, and chucking them the odd bit of spare change, or a few tents and medical supplies when they have natural disasters. China, on the other hand, has been in there, on the ground, building roads and infrastructure for them (obviously, in return for mining rights, concessions, etc). It has built up levels of trust that never existed between these "former colonies" and the West. Now China is starting to reap the rewards of a 30-odd year policy, and finds itself in control of much of the mineral wealth on the planet, while the West scrambles around on the back foot.

Even now, we're not learning the lessons. We still have our own people, sitting there. mouthing-off about EVs, saying things like: "Yeah, look at all those coal-fired power stations in China! When they do something about their emissions, I'll do something about mine"! Now of course, China is doing something about it. China is adding renewables to its grid faster than anywhere else on the planet, and developing and perfecting those technologies. But by the time it overtakes us in that respect (as well as so many of the others), it will be too late for the old Luddites in the West to catch it up. These will be the same guys, by the way, who sit there crying into their warm beer about how Britain used to lead the world and now the bloody Chinese are leading everything...:rolleyes:. They won't remember that when we had the chance to devote resource and effort into developing future green technologies, so that we could be at the forefront, selling that technology to other countries around the world, THEY were the ones opposing it, every step of the way...

China has been busy cornering the market in RE minerals but news this week that 'Europe’s largest deposit of rare earth elements [have been] discovered at Fen, Norway' shows there's much that remains to be discovered: more on that @Rare Earths Norway.com

A one-party state can manage long term goals more effectively and can harness greater powers of state in the process for the benefit of the greater good. While the West argues about the effects of Climate Change, the Chinese have got on with adapting their economy for the 21st century and expect to reap the benefits by 2050. Whether or not that includes a successful campaign to bring Taiwan back under its control remains to be seen. America would be forced to consider its global position very carefully, and the geopolitical effects mean the UK is obliged to do so too.

I am starting to see more EVs every day, speeding by alongside the petrol heads who watch them go as i imagine horseman used to consider the first automobiles - fun fact #6. The first automobile smelt like pancakes, due to the type of oil used in the engine. Another benefit of an EV is the absence of any odour and would be one of those benefits you'd hardly notice until it hit you. Not only are city streets cleaner and quieter but the terrible stink of petrol has been eliminated, too. What's not to like? :mrgreen:

I am starting to see more EVs every day, speeding by alongside the petrol heads who watch them go as i imagine horseman used to consider the first automobiles
On my way back from groceries this monday, I sped past a tesla on the A13 that was on a truck. I rubbernecked and saw it was t-boned. I am by no means a petrol head, and more of a grocery head who dislikes fires and charging hassles.

On my way back from groceries this monday, I sped past a tesla on the A13 that was on a truck. I rubbernecked and saw it was t-boned. I am by no means a petrol head, and more of a grocery head who dislikes fires and charging hassles.
Was it on fire? Had it been burned out?

Or was it a tesla that suffered an issue and was being recovered, just like happens to petrol and diesel cars.

EV sellers panic. Fan bois should load up. The thing is, if someone gives me an EV for free, I still don't want it.

EVs too expensive (and cheap).jpg

Sponsored Links
Back