EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Sure, EV's last a few years before written off from minor scrapes.

A quick look in the Autotrader will be enough to show anyone that you're talking your usual effluent, but I don't think there are many on here who need convincing of that... :)

Rarely. For regular non-racer drivers, these components usually last the lifetime of the car. Although, the transmission on my last E36 was on the way out before it was written off by the insurance after accident. I was less experienced and too trusting (naive) with it, and handed the keys to car park attendants and had it dealer serviced, etc. They broke it. I learnt my lesson and nobody touches my car now, and no issues - 20 years old running like champ and minimum maintenance costs. Try that with an EV!
Engine and or gearbox or other transmission failures usually render an ice vehicle scrap even at an early age.

As for £15 000 bill, lots of ice cars lose that much in depreciation as soon as they have a name entered on the v5c.

You don't have to like EV's but you ought to compare them correctly.

And if you don't like servicing and it's costs, which type if vehicle would be better suited to you do you think? (We know you don't think)

Sponsored Links
A quick look in the Autotrader will be enough to show anyone that you're talking your usual effluent, but I don't think there are many on here who need convincing of that... :)
Why would I look? I am not in need of another car. Sounds to me you are looking to jump ship. Tells us, what are you seeing there?

Let me know when you finally decide where you're going to put the goalposts... there's a good chap...:rolleyes:
The goal post is a fair comparison. Why would you compare a premium with a utilitarian hyundai? Perhaps, your mate wanted a new transmission for a large land rover? In that case, the class of the cars are different.

Last edited:
As for £15 000 bill, lots of ice cars lose that much in depreciation as soon as they have a name entered on the v5c.
EV's depreciate more.

And if you don't like servicing and it's costs, which type if vehicle would be better suited to you do you think? (We know you don't think)
I don't need to think. My type of car is better. I am happy with it's servicing and costs.

Engine and or gearbox or other transmission failures usually render an ice vehicle scrap even at an early age.

You don't have to like EV's but you ought to compare them correctly.

I don't get it - why would anyone spend that much to repair a car when the money could go towards a brand new car?

So that bill you mentioned is equal, ok
Nope, EVs cost more in repair and depreciation. They also cost more in effort. If you add them all up, EVs are not economical nor practical except in limited circumstances. They might work great for a small number of people, but for the vast majority EVs are nothing more than a joke. I continue to believe EVs are a trap for china, and it fell right in.

Why would I look? I am not in need of another car. Sounds to me you are looking to jump ship. Tells us, what are you seeing there?

That's true. You've got form here. It's probably the same reason you kept refusing to look at your own insurance policy - because you'd backed yourself into a corner and were fighting a futile rearguard action in a vain attempt to prevent yourself looking like a fool. Funny how history repeats itself, isn't it...? :ROFLMAO:

You might not be in need of another car, but you are sorely in need of some knowledge!

The goal post is a fair comparison. Why would you compare a premium with a utilitarian hyundai? Perhaps, your mate wanted a new transmission for a large land rover? In that case, the class of the cars are different.

...says the guy trying to compare a hybrid with a BEV... :D

I don't get it - why would anyone spend that much to repair a car when the money could go towards a brand new car?
I often think the same.

But it's all relevant to second hand value and resale. Sometimes it's worth repair and costs. Often it isnt

I often think the same.

But it's all relevant to second hand value and resale. Sometimes it's worth repair and costs. Often it isnt
I suppose if you've got a vehicle worth £30,000 or more then i can see the point but most of 'em are well below that after a year. More folk, i think, i upgrading to an EV rather than another gas-guzzler, these days.

Both catch fire and explode the same. Looks all the same to me. Although, one has slightly more practicality at the cost of a dual fuel fire..

Yes, to the uneducated, I'd say that would probably be a fair set of misconceptions...

Nope, EVs cost more in repair and depreciation. They also cost more in effort.
You have supporting facts and figures for this? I'd love to see the servicing costs comparisons.

Depreciation is relevant to value. Again, let's see your comparison figures.

Are EV's right for everybody? No. Are they the future? I will let you answer that.

Sponsored Links
Back