Labour MP landlord. Tenants not happy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
He could be just a bad landlord. Some are.

Not sure it’s that simple.

I still get calls from people asking for EICRs because they’ve just find out they need one for their rental

People must live in caves these days without access to the internet

Has someone forgotten who they are posting as?
Or mitch66, so desperate to score a point, he jumped in with both feet, shooting himself in the foot at the same time, while his foot was in his mouth. :giggle:

Labour have been campaigning to stop landlords renting out uninhabitable properties, any Labour MP that is a landlord should surely make it his or her business to check the properties they rent out are fit for purpose.

I realise sometimes mould and damp are caused by the tenants, if that’s the case rather than structural failings, then he should be excused.

Labour have been campaigning to stop landlords renting out uninhabitable properties, any Labour MP that is a landlord should surely make it his or her business to check the properties they rent out are fit for purpose.

I realise sometimes mould and damp are caused by the tenants, if that’s the case rather than structural failings, then he should be excused.

There is no over arching regulation and more importantly inspection regime so only cases like this get into the press

From my experience about 95% of landlords are good - and of those who then sometimes look bad is when they have spiteful tenants

Nothing Labour had said or done will change anything and in this MPs case, as far as I understand it, the Managing Agents were to blame

I still get calls from people asking for EICRs because they’ve just find out they need one for their rental
Yes, but not the case here. Poor maintenance standards could be just a poor landlord.

Nothing Labour had said or done will change anything and in this MPs case, as far as I understand it, the Managing Agents were to blame
Who is responsible for registering the rental properties on the system? If I rented a property out, would it be my responsibility or a managing agents?

Sponsored Links
Back