Labour MP landlord. Tenants not happy.

The bbc could have drawn attention to the wider problem of mould and damp in the social and private sector, like ITN did, but chose to target a new Labour MP. It isn't headline news given what's happening in the world. That said it is amusing to see the right wingers who normally blame the tenants, blaming someone from the other party.

Sponsored Links
Looks like he has sacked the managing agents.

Bad irresponsible landlord.

Or just a convenient hook to hang bigotry on?

Sponsored Links
If the properties have been fully managed, how much did the landlord actually know?
Yes. I'm not saying he is a good or bad landlord. I've got no detail.

But allowing managing agents to manage may remove some of his personal knowledge and control over day to day happenings.

Some were keen to pounce on him, either because of his position, or his colour. Without detail , but headlines....

Looks like he has sacked the managing agents.

Bad irresponsible landlord.

Or just a convenient hook to hang bigotry on?
Some (many) of the them see it as their job to keep bad news from the landlord. Reminiscent of middle managers in the post office keeping the bad news from the exec team.

If the properties have been fully managed, how much did the landlord actually know?
what you wouldnt want to know what was happening to your several million quid investment within your own town so no hassle to do a 6 monthly or yearly personal check ?

what you wouldnt want to know what was happening to your several million quid investment within your own town so no hassle to do a 6 monthly or yearly personal check ?
When I lived in an agent managed block, the owners never made themselves known, had a yearly visit from the agent though

When I lived in an agent managed block, the owners never made themselves known, had a yearly visit from the agent though
main reason could be that they were remote landlords or a big company owned portfolio
this guy is local to his properties ,
What needs looking at here is does he have any direct connection with the agency family member / relative ?
Not forgetting he is one of the guys who set the rules and lied that the properties met those rules . Trust worthy to whether he knew the state of properties ? and after coming to light why were tenants intimidated surely he would have been making sure the letting agent done everything right and not threatening people still

main reason could be that they were remote landlords or a big company owned portfolio
this guy is local to his properties ,
What needs looking at here is does he have any direct connection with the agency family member / relative ?
Not forgetting he is one of the guys who set the rules and lied that the properties met those rules . Trust worthy to whether he knew the state of properties ? and after coming to light why were tenants intimidated surely he would have been making sure the letting agent done everything right and not threatening people still
Neither, married couple in the same city, that's about as much as i knew

He could be just a bad landlord. Some are.

He could be just a bad landlord. Some are.
yep could be. Just wondering whether any of his tenants actually got eviction threats carried out guess that will come out

Sponsored Links
Back