Oh FFS. Not again!

@ReganAndCarter When it comes to migration, are you on board with the fact it's something that has always and will always exist (and will likely only increase) and that ALL civilised countries should be having a debate re longer term strategy on how to manage the situation?

Or do you think all countries these migrants are traveling to should simply pull up the proverbial drawbridge and accept zero so-called illegal migrants?

Or do you go one step further and think we should accept zero migrants, legal or otherwise?

Sponsored Links
We should only accept migrants that are any use to us and give them yearly work visa's, no benefits free nhs etc, after say10 years of paying into our system then this could be eased and if they behave possibly offered citizenship.
I'm fed up of us being the dustbin of the world !

Or do you think all countries these migrants are traveling to should simply pull up the proverbial drawbridge and accept zero so-called illegal migrants?

^^^^^^^ This option. You can't keep accepting millions of mouths to feed without massive problems. Unless you want to be like a Titanic lifeboat that risks capsize if you keep dragging people out of the water.

At some stage, in the future, someone will have to get tough because the flood has to be stopped. It's inevitable. Best to do it now before we get to crisis point. Also, remember the politicians facilitating this influx don't have to struggle with the overcrowding and strained services. That's down to us.

^^^^^^^ This option. You can't keep accepting millions of mouths to feed without massive problems. Unless you want to be like a Titanic lifeboat that risks capsize if you keep dragging people out of the water.

At some stage, in the future, someone will have to get tough because the flood has to be stopped. It's inevitable. Best to do it now before we get to crisis point. Also, remember the politicians facilitating this influx don't have to struggle with the overcrowding and strained services. That's down to us.
Great

Bur everybody knows migration is an issue.

It's what, and how, to deal with the issue that's the problem

No entry signs and shouting at the clouds doesn't achieve anything

Sponsored Links
We should only accept migrants that are any use to us and give them yearly work visa's, no benefits free nhs etc, after say10 years of paying into our system then this could be eased and if they behave possibly offered citizenship.
The problem is that if migrants are working and paying tax and N.I.then they can claim the right to benefits and NHS treatment.
A better system might be to require migrants to have private insurance against unemployment and sickness and allow them to claim tax relief against the cost of the insurance.

A better system might be to require migrants to have private insurance against unemployment and sickness and allow them to claim tax relief against the cost of the insurance.
And pay them more to allow that?

So are we to assume that you would have agreed if the German government had refused entry to all those unemployed (mainly northerners) economic migrants back in the thatcher recession years?

So are we to assume that you would have agreed if the German government had refused entry to all those unemployed (mainly northerners) economic migrants back in the thatcher recession years?
Most of them only worked over there for a short while and then went back home, and I dont know if they were able to recieve benefits whilst over there,

I read in a paper the other day that some people who voted Brexit are complaining there is no cooperation between the UK and France regarding the small boats issue.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back