Slavery Reparations

These are not my words Roy (is that better).

Shanghaiing. Definition- to abduct an individual without permission; to force someone to do something by dishonest means. Synonyms- abduct, trick, kidnap. Sentence- Shanghaiing children is illegal.
1693138863589.png

https://www.chegg.com › deck

The Outsiders Vocabulary Words Flashcards | Chegg.com

Are you now going to disbelieve this happened.

Sponsored Links
These are not my words Roy (is that better).
Unencessary, if you provide the link. The production of the link makes it obvious that you are not claiming ownership of the words. And people do have ownership of their own words.
Shanghaiing. Definition- to abduct an individual without permission; to force someone to do something by dishonest means. Synonyms- abduct, trick, kidnap. Sentence- Shanghaiing children is illegal.
View attachment 312275
https://www.chegg.com › deck

The Outsiders Vocabulary Words Flashcards | Chegg.com

Thanks for that. But who doubted the definition? Certainly not me.
A definition of something does not prove that it's real.
Seven ˈDwarfs, the
a group of seven very small men in the fairy tale Snow White.

Are you now going to disbelieve this happened.
I've never denied it happened, and I've never disbelieved it happened.
Where did you get the idea that I did?

The discussion was about your claim that they deserved reparations.

Here goes Roy somthing to read.

What does some tunnels in Oregon, USA have to do with the topic?

Here is something for you to read about some other tunnels.

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Unencessary, if you provide the link. The production of the link makes it obvious that you are not claiming ownership of the words. And people do have ownership of their own words.

Your being a fanny Roy. I copied and pasted a snippet that I wanted you to read from alot of information.

This obviously was new information to your historical links as you had to side track the conversation with something called Plagiarism. The thread isn't about plagiarism. If you want to chat about plagiarism start another thread and invite me to contribute. In the meantime keep on the subject will you Roy.

The thread isn't about plagiarism....In the meantime keep on the subject will you Roy.
It's about reparations to mainly Caribbean nations for the damage caused by slavery.
It's not about drunken sailors being press ganged, It's not about some tunnels in Portland, Oregon.
So why do you keep on diverting the discussion onto other things?
Keep on topic, will you.
If you want to discuss some tunnels in USA, start another thread.
:rolleyes:

In your own words please.

What do I/we owe to these Caribbean nations???
From a previous post:

Interestingly, Germany paid £7billion to Israel for the holocaust. That's just over £1,000 for each of the Jews killed by Germany.

About 12.5 million Africans were shipped to America during the slave trade, then there's the children of those slaves.
How much do we think the descendants of slaves deserve, based on the figure ghiven to Israel for the 6,000,000 Jews killed by Germany?
Assuming the total of slaves, accounting for the children of slaves, let's settle on 20,000,000 slaves.
The reparations paid to Israel in about 1948 by Germany were $7,000,000,000 (they eventualled paid more than $89,000,000,000 )
Alowing for inflation, and at the same per person for the slaves, that would come to about
20,000,000 X $1,000 X approx 50 = approx $1,500,000,000,000
Others have estimated it at a mere £18.8 trillion.

Of course, we don't owe it, as individuals. It's the debt owed by all the beneficiaries of slavery.
A report has been published which has calculated the amount the UK should pay

A mere £18.8 trillion

Seems a perfectly affordable amount
But it's not just about the money:

You cannot argue by yourself people, let Roy have his opinion and don't fuel his fire... he has only been here just over a month and posted an average of 20 posts every day, he is turning what was a sensible thread into a time thief, don't let it be yours.

You cannot argue by yourself people, let Roy have his opinion and don't fuel his fire... he has only been here just over a month and posted an average of 20 posts every day, he is turning what was a sensible thread into a time thief, don't let it be yours.

You are the voice of reason

Could be Pat Ex ...

You made your position very clear about slavery.
You consider that GB benefited the world more than it took from them.
So we owe £18.8 Trillion... now take the value that Great Britain has brought to the Planet in terms of inventions, advancements, industry, science, law, medicine, evolution, education, politics, physics, etc, etc,..... all things that have vastly improved the lives of billions of people and not saying that mistakes weren't made but it is the same for almost every country in the world that they got where they are by less than ethical means. You could argue either way from now to eternity but Great Britain has paid it's dues in my eyes.
Now rather than discus the issue, you seek to close down the debate.

Could be Pat Ex ...
Could be Wild Bil Hicock, Dick Turpin, Louis XIII, Santa Claus.
What's the chances?
Your'e just having a little snipe because I illustrated how your view of the degree of racism is dependent on your own personal degree of racism.

Hi Roy, you are wrong, again, ...i made my view clear only on Great Britain's role in slavery and Great Britain has benefitted the world immensely, you can take Medicine alone as an example of saving millions and millions of lives, no doubt some of whose cures and treatments have benefitted your family or friends.
Secondly, i do not seek to shut this discussion down, i have pointed out that the diversions you take it on have nothing to do with the original thread and that is the issue so if you are going to clap back at me get the facts in order please.
That said i will now take my own advice and leave you to your thoughts so i will read your retorts but am not going to give you the pleasure of drawing in another member of this forum with off-topic arguing.
p.s. thanks for putting my quote in bold, i think you have given it real impact.

Sponsored Links
Back