Slavery Reparations

Sponsored Links
But it's not slavery, Luis Rubiales.
It's quite ironic that someone, who doesn't support employers aims and statements on anti slavery and fairness in the workplace, now complains about about employers exploiting employees.

Do you not read the links that I provided and recommended that you read

So what about the people who's ancestors had little choice but to man the ships and be sailors on these slave boats. Do they not deserve compensation?

It's quite ironic that someone, who doesn't support employers aims and statements on anti slavery and fairness in the workplace, now complains about about employers exploiting employees.
Where did I say it's not slavery, I mean we could all be termed as wage slaves but a few folk would dispute they are a wage slave and there in lies the complexity.
Are you going back to Scotland or are you here all next week. Look on it as respite care for us.

Sponsored Links
So what about the people who's ancestors had little choice but to man the ships and be sailors on these slave boats. Do they not deserve compensation?
Start the movement if you think it has affected your "group", nationality or country. Or you think those groups are still being deprived today.

He's all mixed up. He doesn't really understand what he's on about half the time.
They don't call him Luis Rubiales for nothing. ;)

Start the movement if you think it has affected your "group", nationality or country. Or you think those groups are still being deprived today.

That's an easy way out.

I'm asking you do the Ancestors of sailors that had no choice but to join the slave trade deserve compensation?

I'm asking you do the Ancestors of sailors that had no choice but to join the slave trade deserve compensation?
And I'm asking you if you think the relatives and descendants of those seafarers continue to be deprived due to the actions of their employers?
Or were they paid for their service on these ships? Which would mean that they weren't slaves. :rolleyes:

Or were they paid for their service on these ships? Which would mean that they weren't slaves. :rolleyes:
In the 1780s many sailors were recruited from the rough drinking taverns on Marsh Street, in Bristol. They were often taken by trickery by the ships captains who were looking for crew to man their slaving ships. This was one of the few ways that the captains could get sailors. The captains would pay pub landlords to help them trick men into joining the slaving voyages. Pub landlords would lend money to sailors so that they could afford to buy drinks. Once the sailor was drunk, the bill was given to them, and the sailor would be unable to pay it or repay the loan from the landlord. The corrupt landlord would then give them a choice. Either the sailor would go to jail, or, to repay the debt, could join the crew of a slaving ship bound for Africa.

In the 1780s many sailors were recruited from the rough drinking taverns on Marsh Street, in Bristol. They were often taken by trickery by the ships captains who were looking for crew to man their slaving ships. This was one of the few ways that the captains could get sailors. The captains would pay pub landlords to help them trick men into joining the slaving voyages. Pub landlords would lend money to sailors so that they could afford to buy drinks. Once the sailor was drunk, the bill was given to them, and the sailor would be unable to pay it or repay the loan from the landlord. The corrupt landlord would then give them a choice. Either the sailor would go to jail, or, to repay the debt, could join the crew of a slaving ship bound for Africa.
It's usual to provide a link to your quoted article.
To not do so is plagiary. That's literary theft, to you.

I'm sure you noticed by the grammar it was not my words.
So your plagiary is my fault now?
I don't claim that I wrote a song and hope others recognise it as one of Paul McCartney's. I am obliged to tell them who wrote it!

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.

So your plagiary is my fault now?
I don't claim that I wrote a song and hope others recognise it as one of Paul McCartney's. I am obliged to tell them who wrote it!

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.

Find another tree to bark at and stop changing the subject.

Sponsored Links
Back