Vikings
Arabs
Black Africans
European Nations
Americans North and south ( Incas etc)
Germans
Japonese
Russians

And on to Imperialism More good has been done by imperial powers than bad. When I was in Kenya a few years ago all the people that I spoke to on the subject would have welcomed the British back, you only have to look at Africa now the imperial powers have left, what a sh#t hole.

Sponsored Links
According to that National Geographic article titled “21st Century Slaves“:

View attachment 312134
What Thomas Sewell omitted to mention was the vast difference that slaves in other societies were regarded completely different to slaves in American society.

Thomas Sewell omitted in his claim, that slaves in African society (and in other societies) had basic human rights, they were not treated in brutal inhuman conditions, those in American society did not enjoy basic human rights, they were treated as sub humans. They were tortured, murdered, worked to death without sufficent food. And their life was ended at the whim of the slave owner or his employee.

Sewell also claimed that western society alone was against slavery, which is nonsense. In other societies slaves had rights, which were covered in law, not so in America.
in State v. Mann, the court upheld that beating a slave was not a criminal offense. In Dred Scott v. Sandford, the Supreme Court held that Africans did not even have the rights of an American citizen.

In other societies, slaves could rise within the social system, even become rulers. That was an impossibility within American society,

There are a lot of omissions in Thomas Sewells claims in order to twist and distort the truth.
Even after abolition, slavery was still allowed as punishment in America, and it continued in the African colonies of UK.

The military power of western nations allowed them to exploit the labour of the people of the colonies by conquering and suppressing the local populations. The colonial powers could present themselves as abolitionists, while simultaneously depriving the people of the colonies their basic human rights.

Read more here:

Your National Geographical link does not work.They appear to have distanced themselves from Thomas Sewell and his article.

Last edited:
And more than likely still at it.
Slavery is still practised in mnay developed countries. The difference is that the slaves enjoy the protection of the law.
Slavery is still practised today around the world.

You might think that slavery is a thing of the past. But right now, almost 50 million people are trapped in slavery worldwide.
It’s a problem that affects every country on earth – including yours.

Where to start:-

Chinese
Egyptions
Romans
Vikings
Arabs
Black Africans
European Nations
Americans North and south ( Incas etc)
Germans
Japonese
Russians

And on to Imperialism More good has been done by imperial powers than bad. When I was in Kenya a few years ago all the people that I spoke to on the subject would have welcomed the British back, you only have to look at Africa now the imperial powers have left, what a sh#t hole.
They still teaching history according to the colonial powers in Kenya?
Or are you just discussing your version of history with other white westerners?
:rolleyes:

Slavery is still practised in mnay developed countries. The difference is that the slaves enjoy the protection of the law.
In my opinion we have slavery in uk.
My local leisure centre employs mostly teenagers on apprentice contracts (i think it's around a fiver/hour).
That's slavery.
All the others, adults with families, are on minimum wage, slavery considering London prices.
I don't understand why they work there considering that tesco, asda, costa, Starbucks and others pay over minimum wage and have better career prospects.

I don't want a guilt tax. Slavery had nothing to do with me and more important neither my daughters

So if any money going anywhere should be used to fighting slavery today.

In my opinion we have slavery in uk.
My local leisure centre employs mostly teenagers on apprentice contracts (i think it's around a fiver/hour).
That's slavery.
All the others, adults with families, are on minimum wage, slavery considering London prices.
I don't understand why they work there considering that tesco, asda, costa, Starbucks and others pay over minimum wage and have better career prospects.
They're free to leave that 'employment'.

Modern slavery exists in many forms in the UK, including trafficking into criminal activities like cannabis farming, sexual exploitation, domestic slavery or forced labour on farms, in construction, shops, bars, nail bars, car washes or manufacturing.

I don't want a guilt tax. Slavery had nothing to do with me and more important neither my daughters

So if any money going anywhere should be used to fighting slavery today.
You wouldn't be paying.
It's those who benefitted from slavery and the compensation paid out to them that would fund the reparations.

I suggest you read the link provided for johny2007
who gets the money for slavery reparations - Google Search

And this one

You wouldn't be paying.
It's those who benefitted from slavery and the compensation paid out to them that would fund the reparations.

I suggest you read the link provided for johny2007
who gets the money for slavery reparations - Google Search

And this one

So how do we know who's ancestors where enslaved and who gets compensation?

So how do we know who's ancestors where enslaved and who gets compensation?
You're going round in circles.
Reparations are not paid by individuals, nor to inidviduals.
Current citizens are not responsible for the slavery.
However they, their families, and the organisations are the current beneficiaries of slavery. And the current citizens of the ex-colonies are still suffereing the effects of slavery.

Sponsored Links
Back