Strangeways brings back hanging

We voted to stop the death penalty because it is barbaric.
Provide proof.

So the alternative would be to lock the crim up for life... i'd accept that.
Well, you pay for it then.

What i take issue with, is that life doesn't mean for their whole life... and add to that the fact governments want to cut costs, so they let the scum out sooner because it costs to house a prisooner, and then there's appeal courts, and 'good behaviour'!!! :rolleyes: They end up doing a fraction of a real sentence !!!

Would it not be easier to 'relieve them of air' in the 1st place. Job done, no discussion.

It's all too easy for the crims.... maybe after the next Baby Peter, or Millie Dowler etc we should have another vote on hanging....?

But we stopped the death penalty cos is barbaric didnt we?

Sponsored Links
oooh nit picky :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "we" as in "this country"... i wasn't there !!

and the rest you missed the point which is... it's wrong that cost determines how long someone is locked up for (or how short)....

and yes, if it were me, i'd have the US system (well in parts) i.e. death row, and then death !

And yes, hanging is barbaric, and electric shock or lethal injection is not much better, but who cares when you're 99.9% sure the scum murdered a child?

So, to clarify....

Punishment by death is barbaric, but its fine?

Your happy to adopt the US judicial system (in parts)?

And finally, as long as a child is murdered, your more than happy for a death penalty? But not 20 adults, 100 even?

EDIT... if your 0.1% unsure, you cant just go killing people.

Sponsored Links
So, to clarify....

Punishment by death is barbaric, but its fine?

Your happy to adopt the US judicial system (in parts)?

And finally, as long as a child is murdered, your more than happy for a death penalty? But not 20 adults, 100 even?

so to act like a troll you mean :rolleyes:

yes... lots of things are barbaric but fine.... e.g. you're invaded by vikings... they rape your women and kill your children... so you smash their heads with a big rock...? head crushing is barbaric but fine. QED.

errr.. the US system they have in parts of the US (some states), not parts of the system they have..... oh forget it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and the child murder was an example... my 4000 page list of serious crimes will be posted tomorrow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and the child murder was an example... my 4000 page list of serious crimes will be posted tomorrow

No doubt people disagreeing with you on the internet will be at the top. :LOL:

...do you exist? with 100% proof please.....

Of course he exists. How do you think he managed to reply? (perhaps you think he could be an automated reply from an AI computer) but I doubt it.
BTW, we voted for the government who rescinded the death penalty. Slightly different from having a referendum on it though. ;) ;)

...do you exist? with 100% proof please.....

Of course he exists. How do you think he managed to reply? (perhaps you think he could be an automated reply from an AI computer) but I doubt it.
BTW, we voted for the government who rescinded the death penalty. Slightly different from having a referendum on it though. ;) ;)

ok...thanks for clarifying that.... ;)

The discussion here has been about what the punishment should be, not what the law says it is currently. Laws can be changed.

I happy with the way you have joined in with the discussion and what direction you helped it go. Yes the law can be changed but since people such as yourself are happy to whine on about it on the internet and do nothing about it.....

I've done all those things and more, I've never done anything that warranted being banged up though. Not because I'm scared of being banged up (I am), but because I am basically an honest geezer. The point is, it's not offenders who should decide on fitting punishments, it's society as a whole. And if society has decided that taking away liberty is enough of a punishment by itself, then society is obviously wrong and needs to think again. Like I said, there is too much carrot and not enough stick at the moment, there are many young people from deprived backgrounds who have a better life inside than out. Where is the punishment for them in 'just going inside'?

So it's ok for you to flex your morals and decide what laws are ok for you to break and condemn other who break the law because it doesn't fit into your moral framework..? Stinks of hypocracy if you ask me. So, what about the person who's line isn't the same as you and thinks it's ok to go out shop lifting, is that ok? Where does it stop, rape, murder, car theft?

How can you call yourself law abiding and honest then admit to lawless acts?

We can't solve social problems by locking people up, we need to fix the problems that turn people into criminals, too late once the act is done, stop it before it happens.

So who do you blame for your lawlessness, your parents?

The ******** blame anyone but themselves Joe.
Travellers set up camp round our way last year. It just so happened to coincide with an increase in thefts from garden sheds, the local trading estate and shops. When approached by the local bobbies, the response was "It's nothing to do with us, so it's not." When they left a week later, thefts etc dramatically dropped.
Coincidence?? I think not.

Sponsored Links
Back