Strangeways brings back hanging

Sponsored Links
Basically I was convicted of tresspass..

Is trespass a crime? I thought that was only relevant if causing or intent on causing criminal damage.

No it's a civil offence, but it can become aggravated tresspass, I was convicted on tresspass, a tort.

I see,breaking and entering.

No tresspass, no crimnal damage, theft or assault on a person. I was basically convicted of 20 counts of tresspass a civil offence, police were even there at the time but didn't have the powers to arrest.......

Sponsored Links
No tresspass, no crimnal damage, theft or assault on a person. I was basically convicted of 20 counts of tresspass a civil offence, police were even there at the time but didn't have the powers to arrest.......

What?? and got almost 5 yrs inside?? Who presided over your trial ?? Judge (hangem high) Pickles ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Edit, just had a look on a few Law sites and the maximum penalty for trespass is 3 months. so something just isn't adding up here. The only other offence is trespass with a firearm which carries a maximum sentence of 7 yrs,
Do we assume you had a loaded weapon with you when arrested?

Tell us more. I was under the impression that trespass was in civil law only.

Arrest and Punishment
Aggravated trespass carries a maximum sentence of three months imprisonment or a fine. It is not an “arrestable offence”, but the act confers a statutory power of arrest on an officer in uniform who suspects you of committing the offence.

The CPS is not been keen on the offence, as they have to show that the accused intended the offence, which is often difficult to prove in court. The police used it extensively during one animal rights campaign and failed to secure a single conviction! However now that the power can be used to deal with office occupations, protestors can expect it to be used more widely.

Arrest and Punishment
Aggravated trespass carries a maximum sentence of three months imprisonment or a fine. It is not an “arrestable offence”, but the act confers a statutory power of arrest on an officer in uniform who suspects you of committing the offence.

The CPS is not been keen on the offence, as they have to show that the accused intended the offence, which is often difficult to prove in court. The police used it extensively during one animal rights campaign and failed to secure a single conviction! However now that the power can be used to deal with office occupations, protestors can expect it to be used more widely.

It wasn't aggravated trespass, it was plain trespass.

What?? and got almost 5 yrs inside?? Who presided over your trial ?? Judge (hangem high) Pickles ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Edit, just had a look on a few Law sites and the maximum penalty for trespass is 3 months. so something just isn't adding up here. The only other offence is trespass with a firearm which carries a maximum sentence of 7 yrs,
Do we assume you had a loaded weapon with you when arrested?

You are not looking hard enough. and no i didn't have a gun.

Did your 'person' happen to 'trespass' into a lady?

Edit, Joiner - you posted that as I typed my question.

Come on then Peaps ,,, Spill the beans. Just exactly what did you do to get such a (seemingly) harsh sentence?
I for one promise not to criticise. You've done the crime and done the time. ;) ;)

So you weren't too ashamed to commit the crime or do the time - but are too embarrassed in here to say what it was. Oh well. Keep it a secret then. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back