To all those that welcome/encourage the small boat migrants.

But what if you had friends and family in another country, people that could accommodate you and feed you, and you already speak the language?
But in the first safe country, you had no family infrastructure, and you couldn't speak the language?
My primary concern would be for my family. I just would not risk their lives crossing the channel in a dinghy to be a bit more ‘comfortable’.

Sponsored Links
But what if you had friends and family in another country, people that could accommodate you and feed you, and you already speak the language?
But in the first safe country, you had no family infrastructure, and you couldn't speak the language?

Would you follow the same pattern of the "mostly young men":
One reason for the higher share of men among asylum seekers, in general, is the danger associated with irregular migration journeys. In many cases, female and minor family members join later through family reunification routes.

My primary concern would be for my family. I just would not risk their lives crossing the channel in a dinghy to be a bit more ‘comfortable’.
You should have read all of my comment before responding.
As denso obviously did.
I agree, which is one reason I don't think they are doing that.

Sponsored Links

Don’t forget that france is a dangerous, 3rd world country where foreigners are persecuted
You also failed to read the written words. :rolleyes:

I've said a few times we should have thrown a few billion at this issue. I'll also say again, whether the numbers coming in the boats have any significant impact on services one way or the other is almost irrelevant, it's the optics of the small boat situation that aren't good for government.

There should have been rapid construction of a processing camp, rapid employment and training of personnel to process people and finally, rapid deployment of multiple border vessels to patrol the English channel to pick these people up for transportation to the processing centre.

I've concluded, for whatever reason, the Tories didn't actually want to resolve the matter. A useful decoy away from their failings. It will now be interesting to see what Labour actually do on this.

There should have been rapid construction of a processing camp
Which could have been in France. Not a complete solution but could have substantially reduced the numbers on the beaches and therefore the traffickers business model.

Do you think the French would allow a processing centre in France that would mean France has to deal with those rejected?

Or do you think all those rejects would simply exit the centre and hop on a dingy.

I think it’s obvious what would happen.

Do you think the French would allow a processing centre in France that would mean France has to deal with those rejected?

Or do you think all those rejects would simply exit the centre and hop on a dingy.
I think neither.
I think it would have better to look at the detail and how it could have worked. Even try it for a period of time and see what happens.

My crystal ball isn't as good as yours.

You don’t need a crystal ball, you just need to think your ideas through. I know it’s hard for you.

Which could have been in France. Not a complete solution but could have substantially reduced the numbers on the beaches and therefore the traffickers business model.
Forget France. This is part of the problem, we should just have done our own thing, and rapidly.

I seem to recall the same thing happened when migrants were blatantly getting in/on/under lorries in Calais destined for the UK. News camera crews filming them but no border force stopping them. Then, ages later, I think the UK either paid for or physically sent some second hand fencing to Calais in way of assistance. Talk about a token gesture.

Regardless of anyone's views on the migrant thing, one thing is for sure. From a 'management of' perspective the whole thing UK wise has been a complete and utter joke.

Forget France. This is part of the problem, we should just have done our own thing, and rapidly.
That doesn't stop the boats in any way, if you ignore France.

Whether you like it or not, they have to be part of the solution, just like the wider EU and indeed world.

I think neither.

I think it would have better to look at the detail and how it could have worked. Even try it for a period of time and see what happens.

My crystal ball isn't as good as yours.
A Labour Policy elucidating more detail has been submitted to the Labour Policy Forum.

"A Fair and Effective Immigration Policy: Building UK Immigration Centers in Mainland France"​

A couple of comments suggest that British embassies already exist in other countries and could be utilised for processing Asylum Seekers.

Don't lorry drivers get fined something like £10k per person for bringing stowaways to the U.K.? Perhaps the U.K. should deduct the same amount from what it pays France for every migrant that sets off from France and reaches the U.K.?

Sponsored Links
Back