Tory Leadership Race

Businesses don't gain or lose 50% of real - intrinsic - value in a matter of weeks.

So your hypothetical business wasn't worth your claimed "value" .

As Carman already said.
Nonsense. You also appear to be clueless. Would you like some examples ?

Sponsored Links
So if a company with a share price of £100 suffers from an accounting scandal over their reported profits and the share price dops to £5. How does that affect the company value?
Or misses it EPS target
Or has a product recall
Or looses market share
Or has its CEO sanctioned
Or looses its leader
Or looses an intellectual property lawsuit
Etc.

But you are wasting your time. Some people can’t see a company value beyond the value of its assets and cash. If that were true that would have been me out of a job.

Or misses it EPS target
Or has a product recall
Or looses market share
Or looses its leader
Etc.

But you are wasting your time. Some people can’t see a company value beyond the value of its assets and cash. If that were true that would have been me out of a job.
None of that has any relevance to the Tory leadership race...unless you're attempting to demonstrate how they f*d up the economy in 14 easy stages.

Investments can go up as well as down.

Who could have seen that coming?

Inheriting a hundred million pounds does not make you poor.

Sponsored Links
Investments can go up as well as down.

Who could have seen that coming?

Inheriting a hundred million pounds does not make you poor.
Adding a zero doesn’t change the fundamental problem of including highly volatile and difficult to liquidate assets in the scope of inheritance tax.

Meanwhile the rest of us will be picking up the bill, while other countries benefit from the exit of wealth.

Some people can’t see a company value beyond the value of its assets and cash. If that were true that would have been me out of a job.
Asset strippers and their mates in the city have made a great living from just this approach, it's why so many people have found themselves out of a job in the industrial heartlands.

If you are so cr@p as a business leader that your company is worth less than the value of its assets, then I have no sympathy. Unfortunately, as you say.. it's the employees who suffer as the board normally do nicely from the acquisition.

More curious is that you think such controls would ever have hindered global wealth being located... globally.

So if a company with a share price of £100 suffers from an accounting scandal over their reported profits and the share price dops to £5. How does that affect the company value?
We are talking about family businesses being left to family members. They tend to be unlisted so the above would not be representative at all.

Or misses it EPS target
Or has a product recall
Or looses market share
Or looses its leader
Etc.
Any examples of those happening to companies which attract business relief as part of IHT?

More curious is that you think such controls would ever have hindered global wealth being located... globally.
I don't think that and you clearly have missed the point I made which related to domestic UK wealth and where it was invested.

Sponsored Links
Back