Ukraine counter offensive

As I understand it these drones supplied by the mad mullahs do not have cameras fitted they fly blind ??

Sponsored Links
As I understand it these drones supplied by the mad mullahs do not have cameras fitted they fly blind ??
That describes the Shahed drones. They fly to some coordinates and then explode. Like tiny cheap V1 rockets.

WRT to downed SU34 in Yeysk. If this was a training flight why was it fully laden with ordinance ? Given the location, I suspect this was a failed attack.

Sponsored Links
WRT to downed SU34 in Yeysk. If this was a training flight why was it fully laden with ordinance ? Given the location, I suspect this was a failed attack.
Part of the problem we have is that we will hear about Russian losses but info on Ukraine is scant putting things mildly.

Mention of Iranian missiles. None of the main channels have shown any evidence. War In Ukraine mentions them and after pointing out that very little is known about them says they are crap etc also that Iran can turn them out like sausages. He must have been there to look and tested them.

One thing Russia has done is adapted surface to air missiles for land use. Some comments say as running out of other missiles but hang on a minute they appear to be fitting them with GPS so must have parts. They may also have radar homing. These things are always being updated so are the adapted ones old stock or the latest and greatest.

Anyway the infrastructure strikes continue in several places. Kyiv had 3 hits, no mention of any being shot down this time.

Hard to say how Iranian drones will be used. I thought some were finally homed via a video link and there are a number of types for different uses.

The ones in the news appear to be these - Seems to be USA info
The aircraft has a cropped delta-wing shape, with a central fuselage blending into the wings and stabilizing rudders at the tips. The nose section contains the warhead as well as the optics required for a precision attack. The engine sits in the rear of the fuselage and drives a two-bladed propeller in a "pusher" arrangement.[3][6] The drone is 3.5 metres (11 ft) long with a wingspan of 2.5 metres (8.2 ft), flies at over 185 kilometres per hour (115 mph), and weighs about 200 kilograms (440 lb).[7] The range has been estimated as between 1,800 and 2,500 kilometres (1,100 and 1,600 miles) providing a loitering capability

40kg warhead. Some clips suggest there has been bigger bangs, This sort of thing can look for and destroy equipment. Less explosive is needed on some items.

There also seems to be a much smaller drone around as well, purpose - pass.

All supporting Russia - no it's not. More an attempt to see what is actually going on.

Part of the problem we have is that we will hear about Russian losses but info on Ukraine is scant putting things mildly
Could be because their is also an information war going on.

Control of information to the public is essential in any conflict.

It is believed that unrestricted reporting on the Vietnam war was a key factor in Americas defeat by the North Vietnamese.

Images of children being burned by Napalm helped turn public opinion against the war.

And while the russians attack Ukrainian civilians with Doodlebugs and anti aircraft missiles, the Ukrainian army are making gains in Kherson Oblast with the occupiers fleeing the area around Kherson city itself, there is a news blackout on the offensive, but some news has appeared on the russian side about the evacuations.

Pretty ominous Ben Wallace (our defence minister) having to fly urgently to the USA for talks....

the occupiers fleeing the area around Kherson city itself, t
Civilians asked to evacuate. Requested by who ever is in charge on the Russian side. It was mentioned on C4 tonight. Another side of a river mentioned. A bit disjointed so in some ways pass. Actually I think it was also mentioned a couple of days ago.

C4 man thinks it may indicate preparations for a Ukrainian advance but stresses the may. Some dam or the other mentioned as well? C4 man will be in the area tomorrow. ;) I prefer the AlJ man who sometimes reports what he has seen that isn't videod. Ukraine do restrict that.

but some news has appeared on the russian side
BBC has mentioned that a lot of info of late comes from Russian mil bloggers. Ukraine releases the usual stuff. They have mentioned that their power grid is seriously damaged. Another report mentions higher sales of generators. Not that 5 a day compared with not very often means much,

Civilians asked to evacuate. Requested by who ever is in charge on the Russian side. It was mentioned on C4 tonight. Another side of a river mentioned. A bit disjointed so in some ways pass. Actually I think it was also mentioned a couple of days ago.

C4 man thinks it may indicate preparations for a Ukrainian advance but stresses the may. Some dam or the other mentioned as well? C4 man will be in the area tomorrow. ;) I prefer the AlJ man who sometimes reports what he has seen that isn't videod. Ukraine do restrict that.

BBC has mentioned that a lot of info of late comes from Russian mil bloggers. Ukraine releases the usual stuff. They have mentioned that their power grid is seriously damaged. Another report mentions higher sales of generators. Not that 5 a day compared with not very often means much,
Ukraine has a news blackout on the area, thats why their not releasing information that may harm the offensive,(which is likely underway) we will find out in the next few days, you keep on mentioning that Ukraine is restricting information in Kherson, do you not think thats wise, and how can you prefer a reporter who gives a personal opinion rather than TV/video evidence from which you can make your mind up?

Someone did say that infrastructure was fragile to drones. Oh yeah modesty would forbid, but it was me.
Cumulative effect - cut the power, can't pump the fuel, can't get spares, then fuel's hit.
30% power knocked out in a a day? - you goin down, bro.
Those Iranian drones carry up to 400kg depending on range. Doodlebug V1s carried 1000kg.
Damn big hole.
Numbers are unsure, but they cost buttons, even if half are shot down. It wouldn't take many hits on a power plant, gas works, oil facility, water pump station, road interchange.

9.05 BST

Citizens being 'evacuated' in Kherson as commander of Russian forces says situation in Ukraine 'tense'​

The new commander of the Russian army in Ukraine, Sergei Surovikin, said on Tuesday that civilians were being “resettled” from the Russian-occupied southern city of Kherson, describing the military situation in Ukraine as “tense.”

“The enemy continually attempts to attack the positions of Russian troops,” Surovikin said in his first televised interview since his appointment last week, adding that the situation was particularly difficult around the occupied southern city of Kherson.

“Further actions regarding Kherson will depend on the developing military and tactical situation, which is not easy, and difficult decisions cannot be ruled out,” he said.

Surovikin’s statements come amid Ukraine’s ongoing counter-assault against Russia in which Kyiv has recaptured 450 square miles of land since late August.

Shortly after Surovikin’s statements, the Russian-installed head of Kherson, Vladimir Saldo, said that some civilians were being “evacuated” in anticipation of a “large-scale offensive.”

Updated at 19.39 BST

Could be because their is also an information war going on.

Control of information to the public is essential in any conflict.

It is believed that unrestricted reporting on the Vietnam war was a key factor in Americas defeat by the North Vietnamese.

Images of children being burned by Napalm helped turn public opinion against the war.
Quite right to show such images...

Unless of course you believe in restricting information when it refers to the horrors committed by your 'own side'?

Sponsored Links
Back