And some say MP's are lazy work shirking buggers…

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What about the Bus driver, why shouldn't he earn the same as the train driver or the Marine Pilot, with vastly greater responsibility. Both of those have to steer.

So, the person who is tasked with the safety of a thousand people say (500 on their train, and 500 on the approaching one), with a closing speed of c. 200mph and with a facility to avoid a collision - steering away from it - not available to them.................

...............seems like a pretty responsible job to me, and worth paying for (y)

No I'm suggesting market forces dictate pay.
Train problems started in 2016. ;) Have a read

But yes you are correct and that aspect is very likely to be why a train drivers salary area turned out to be where it is.

It should also be a consideration worth regarding concerning peoples academic aims. Too many achieving success in some field or the other reduces their attractiveness so they can finish up being paid less than they expected.

So, the person who is tasked with the safety of a thousand people say (500 on their train, and 500 on the approaching one), with a closing speed of c. 200mph and with a facility to avoid a collision - steering away from it - not available to them.................

...............seems like a pretty responsible job to me, and worth paying for (y)
don't think you'll find that is the train driver.

Last edited:
So you think its ok to sack people if you can find someone to do the job cheaper?

No wonder there is a need for Unions. You are the one creating the need, and then complaining about them
No I expect a business to keep overpaying their staff, right up until they go out of business.

Sponsored Links
Back