And some say MP's are lazy work shirking buggers…

Sponsored Links
No that's just stupid Carmen.

However the persistent attacks from the usual suspects are very quiet now for exactly the same type of appointment / donations. Why is that? Is it OK as they are not Tory's?

PS how much has the labour party received from the unions since 2020?
Let's try this again.

I don't agree with donations to any political party

What's your position? It's bad because it's labour.

Why not condemn them all, of any political party

Sponsored Links
Nigel isn't too fussy about who he takes handouts from.

Article from BBC.

Mr Farage disclosed one further trip to speak at the National Conservatism Conference in Brussels in April this year, putting the cost for the single night visit to Belgium for himself, a staffer and "security provision" at £9,253.50.
That trip was funded by George Cottrell, a former aide to Mr Farage who spent eight months in jail in the US in 2017 after he was caught in an FBI sting operation telling undercover officers he could launder money for them.

Nigel isn't too fussy about who he takes handouts from.

Article from BBC.

Mr Farage disclosed one further trip to speak at the National Conservatism Conference in Brussels in April this year, putting the cost for the single night visit to Belgium for himself, a staffer and "security provision" at £9,253.50.
That trip was funded by George Cottrell, a former aide to Mr Farage who spent eight months in jail in the US in 2017 after he was caught in an FBI sting operation telling undercover officers he could launder money for them.
But that's OK. He isn't a labour mp.

Usual suspects chirping in off topic. Now back to the thread.

Isn't this exactly what the usual suspects have been bleating on about for years from the last administration or does it not matter now and KS will make everything perfect.
I can’t see any evidence there is a connection, but I think lobbying with intent to influence policy is totally wrong……Conservatives had effectively become puppets for the lobbyists, nothing they did was was in the interests of ordinary British people.

Labour has received a great deal of lobbyists money over the last year or so…..I do find that worrying

And I replied

No that's just stupid Carmen.

So what bit of stupid would you like me to explain?
All of it.

I'm not defending ANY donation to ANY political party.

But the donation was before he was an MP, so your point was moot

Are you ok with donations as long as its not to labour? Make your position clear . I've made mine.

Complaining about labour donations only, Is stupid. Majorly.

Nonsense. Lobbying is part and parcel of the game (politics). Always has been always will be.
That's the issue

I don't agree with it, but how do you stop it.

Making it transparent is better than it being underhand and hidden though.

Noseall is correct every party has pedalled influence and appointed their own. It does not matter who is in power they all do the same. The previous administration was worst on record but the new lot have made a remarkably similar start.

How to fix it apart from a fully funded political system where donations are banned seems right, but I don't think anyone in power will accept their ability to milk the system being removed to change it.

Old school Tory I admit but more centrist from the 1980's where politicians served their country rather than themselves. Think Douglas Herd rather than Boris.

Noseall is correct every party has pedalled influence and appointed their own. It does not matter who is in power they all do the same. The previous administration was worst on record but the new lot have made a remarkably similar start.

How to fix it apart from a fully funded political system where donations are banned seems right, but I don't think anyone in power will accept their ability to milk the system being removed to change it.

Old school Tory I admit but more centrist from the 1980's where politicians served their country rather than themselves. Think Douglas Herd rather than Boris.
Do you want to agree that the Tories were worse then? Or just point out the transparent Labour ones?

Bias? Never, not andydevon.

Sponsored Links
Back