Can Kamala Harris win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The huge momentum that the switch from Joe Biden to Kamala Harris obviously won’t carry her through to the election in November.

As things settle down, I wonder what that will look like

Personally I think Harris has a good chance: Obviously women like her due to women’s rights, ethnic minorities like her, younger generation like her and there are a fair few “double haters” who were turned off politics by 2 old men who were same old faces

Trump is now stuck with JD Vance, they are both one trick pony’s who can only attract MAGAs with their hateful hyperbole. They have limited options in attracting swing voters…..they won’t get youth vote or women.

If Trump wins it will cause huge damage to American society, they want to deconstruct democracy, remove women’s rights, remove rights for minorities, make themselves immune to the law, Trump has plans to kick out impartial civil servants and replace with MAGA cultists. I can’t get my head around why people on here like Filly and Gas112 think he is great.
Are you sure ? The momentum will certainly carry her through to the convention next month, then it's ongoing into September and barrjng any mishaps/misquotes she'll still have a headwind into October, the crucial month of campaigning. I see no reason why it can't be done - unless she makes Buttgig her running mate, that is. A more seasoned campaigner would be better suited to combat the Hillbilly Hobbit.

I'm not convinced the choice of VP has so much influence on the successful President, unless it's some gaff-filled receptacle like Sarah Palin, or J D Vance.

Sponsored Links
Which presidential attributes do you consider desirable and which, essential?
It's usually the case where a successful candidate cuts through the ambient noise during an election and delivers a killer line, and/or delivers a speech which sets the tone and creates a narrative for people to buy into - this has been Kamala's biggest failing so far, but the last four years in the White House and access to the best speechwriters could cure that for her. The thing going for her right now is a large sub-section of the electorate weren't keen on either candidate but the new generation feel more affinity towards her and she'll corner the women's vote among the undecided.
The GoP are scurrying about trying to find an angle of attack but cannot settle upon one or the other right now. If she can keep her cool when they sort their feet out she'll do well.

I'm not convinced the choice of VP has so much influence on the successful President, unless it's some gaff-filled receptacle like Sarah Palin, or J D Vance.
Do you recall the name of Hilary's running mate in 2016?
Some guy from Colorado, i think.
It helps to have someone who can spread the good word effectively.

Why on God's green Earth would you imagine Peet Buttgig could be a President of anywhere other than his local car dealership?
You can say he outlines a feature of politics rather simply but essentially it does relate to what goes on.
Some talk he could be Harrises running mate.
The pundit view is probably correct. She'll pick some one from a swing state as that should help her win there. The remaining question is what flavour of US left she picks. The 2 positions are voted for separately by the electoral college as they call it. That is formed by this
Each state gets as many electors as it has members of Congress (House and Senate). Including Washington, D.C.’s three electors, there are currently 538 electors in all.
Each state’s political parties choose their own slate of potential electors. Who is chosen to be an elector, how, and when varies by state.

Vinty thinks that Ireland should be subservient to UK.

Vinty is an obscene Unionist because he wants to dominate a neighbouring country and thinks they should swear fealty to UK. :rolleyes:
Irish Republicans are worthless murderers and drug dealers.
In a decent civilised country, these people would be in prison and not Parliament.

Vinty is a frim believer in apartheid, and advocates for its reintroduction in NI.
You could have a point for once.
The apartheid i could envisage wouldn't be based on skin colour or religion but based on a set of moral values to which everyone would be required to subscribe to.

Any person who didn't accept these conditions for participation in society would be cast out into the wilderness and denied re entry until they atone and accept the moral values of the society they wish to rejoin.

For participation in elections it would mandatory for all political candidates to condemn the use of terrorism, also those, with private armies would be banned from standing for election,this would weed out the likes of Sinn Féin and others who contaminate the democratic system.

You could have a point for once.
The apartheid i could envisage wouldn't be based on skin colour or religion but based on a set of moral values to which everyone would be required to subscribe to.

Any person who didn't accept these conditions for participation in society would be cast out into the wilderness and denied re entry until they atone and accept the moral values of the society they wish to rejoin.

For participation in elections it would mandatory for all political candidates to condemn the use of terrorism, also those, with private armies would be banned from standing for election,this would weed out the likes of Sinn Féin and others who contaminate the democratic system.
What you envisage is dictatorship - how long would it be before you invade the Isle of Skye and march on Mull?

Are you sure ? The momentum will certainly carry her through to the convention next month, then it's ongoing into September and barrjng any mishaps/misquotes she'll still have a headwind into October, the crucial month of campaigning. I see no reason why it can't be done - unless she makes Buttgig her running mate, that is. A more seasoned campaigner would be better suited to combat the Hillbilly Hobbit.
I certainly hope so.

But Trump has won before, the great American public have form

unless she makes Buttgig her running mate
I’m not sure why you dislike him TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back