Can Kamala Harris win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US Army's official newspaper says he was a command sergeant major btw. I'm going to trust them to get that stuff right.

Apparently he reverted to a lower rank at retirement as he hadn't been in grade long enough to cover all the promotion paperwork and qualifications. Typical army *******s.
so you done a bit more digging and realised your first line was wrong as he was only provisionally given it provided he passed the criteria which he never did

Sponsored Links
@gas112 seems to have missed that too

Or perhaps he hasn't actually got a credible source.

Which is more likely?
another one not following the thread , the link was given pages ago and in his own words do keep up

I'm giving you the information direct from the Minnesota National Guard. Whether you understand it is a different matter ;). What it actually means is that he was serving as a command sergeant major when he retired. But after he retired, for pension and benefits purposes, he was still on the rank of master sergeant. Make of that what you will. I don't know how serious it is. I know Vance will try to contrast it with his six months writing press releases.
from stars and stripes .
“I’m a retired sergeant major in the Army and the Army National Guard,” he told a group of voters in the latter video. Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military, and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said. Walz retired the next day.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2024-08-07/tim-walz-national-guard-record-scrutiny-14785194.html
Source - Stars and Stripes
So there you have it before he retired he had returned to his original rank not afterwards .

Sponsored Links
Gasbag supports Dementia DonOld the draft dodging rapist

Poor gas again can't cope with decent people winning power.
speaking about weapons of war i see the usual one has been triggered

So there you have it before he retired he had returned to his original rank not afterwards .

Let's just say that is true. Does it matter. Nobody is denying that he served as a command sergeant major. Whether or nor it is absolutely 100% technically correct to say he is a "retired sergeant major", he is still a retired soldier with 24 years service who served as a command sergeant major. Is there any chance you are blowing this out of proportion?

Let's just say that is true. Does it matter. Nobody is denying that he served as a command sergeant major. Whether or nor it is absolutely 100% technically correct to say he is a "retired sergeant major", he is still a retired soldier with 24 years service who served as a command sergeant major. Is there any chance you are blowing this out of proportion?
nope in the military it is one of the worst things you can do is to boast about being to war when you havent and saying you are a rank that your not . Dont forget guys in his unit died in Iraq on deployment that he skipped but gives speeches saying he has been to war , an absolute no no which is why its causing such a stir over the water

I've known some people who left UK forces and were given a terminal promotion, possibly to help their pension. One had been "Acting Unpaid" and wore the badges and served in that rank, without having received the substantive promotion, but got it on leaving.

Otherwise, I suppose he could have been described as "served as"

Whether or nor it is absolutely 100% technically correct to say he is a "retired sergeant major",
Was it in a war type situation? It can happen. One of my grandads - temporary corporal in a now rather earlier war.

I wonder if Trump has ever said anything that isn't true.

I've known some people who left UK forces and were given a terminal promotion, possibly to help their pension. One had been "Acting Unpaid" and wore the badges and served in that rank, without having received the substantive promotion, but got it on leaving.

Otherwise, I suppose he could have been described as "served as"
go on gives us details otherwise purely hearsay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back