Chinese Diesel Heater

Sponsored Links
Assuming you are paying around £1.75 per litre, its going to cost about 13p per kWh vs about 9p with LPG.

If you live near a marina or yacht haven you could get your fuel 100% heating duty.. roughly £1.40 per litre.

We are in residential area :(
Diesel may not be cheap as chips as initially thought, if you consider the initial heater cost (about £150 - £200) plus 12V power supply (£20 - £50) and installation work and having to go to the pump station to buy the fuel every so often, and the cost of the fuel 13p / kWh. But still it could be an option to consider, if especially one is in van or boats.

Garage I use has an ancient waste oil burner that looks like a small wood burning stove. Pumps out a lot of heat for it's size. Of course the oil is provided free by customers having oil changes, so zero running costs.

Sponsored Links
Garage I use has an ancient waste oil burner that looks like a small wood burning stove. Pumps out a lot of heat for it's size. Of course the oil is provided free by customers having oil changes, so zero running costs.

Sounds like an ideal setup for good heating with best economy.

Correct, but at what cost which is what the OP is asking.
On a higher setting more diesel is burned and more heat is produced.
On a lower setting less diesel is burned and less heat is produced.
The cost to heat the space to a given temperature will be the same either way, assuming that enough heat is produced to get the space to the desired temperature on both settings. The difference will be the time that it takes for the space to reach the required temperature.

A special licence is needed to burn waste oil now. A local garage has one, but they had to stop using it, because of the licence.

Yes, Diesel heaters exhaust go outside in pipes.
I have read about extending the exhaust pipe around a room before exiting outside thus using the heat from the pipe to add heat to the room. Another idea was to run through a radiator, that one I have doubts about.

Sponsored Links
Back