Chinese Diesel Heater

I have read about extending the exhaust pipe around a room before exiting outside thus using the heat from the pipe to add heat to the room. Another idea was to run through a radiator, that one I have doubts about.
Good idea. Cheap chinky pipe cracks or rots through cos of condensation and poisons your man inside. I bet the radiator idea is a winner too.

Sponsored Links
Just beware what you buy.
Suffolk Trading Standards Imports Surveillance Team have detained 973 diesel heaters at the Port of Felixstowe over the last two months. All products were found to be unsafe, with listings for all sellers removed on eBay.

Consignments arrived at the Port in October and November and were stopped by the team, with samples sent to a test house for assessment.

Each of the products did not meet the requirements of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008 because they could present the hazards of fire and death due to poor supporting installation information.

Manuals supplied with the products failed to give measurements for installing and did not give the minimum distance the exhaust pipe can be installed from flammable material, or material that could give off poisonous fumes when heated, such as insulation material.

No warning was provided about heat and dangers to the user if installed incorrectly.

Large parts of the manuals were written in poor English and had incorrect words used. The intended meaning was, in some cases, difficult to understand.

Additionally, the products and instructions did not have the name and address of the importer or manufacturer, and did not included the required Declaration of Conformity (DoC). A DoC is a formal declaration by a manufacturer, or the manufacturer's representative, that the product to which it applies meets all relevant requirements of all product safety directives applicable to that product.

If you have purchased a product that you think may be unsafe, stop using it immediately and report it to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.
1672778510756.png

You can google for a link yourself.

Good idea. Cheap chinky pipe cracks or rots through cos of condensation and poisons your man inside. I bet the radiator idea is a winner too.
Just upgrade the pipe and have an alarm in the room.
PS Wasnt my idea BTW.

Sponsored Links
Just beware what you buy.
Suffolk Trading Standards Imports Surveillance Team have detained 973 diesel heaters at the Port of Felixstowe over the last two months. All products were found to be unsafe, with listings for all sellers removed on eBay.

Consignments arrived at the Port in October and November and were stopped by the team, with samples sent to a test house for assessment.

Each of the products did not meet the requirements of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008 because they could present the hazards of fire and death due to poor supporting installation information.

Manuals supplied with the products failed to give measurements for installing and did not give the minimum distance the exhaust pipe can be installed from flammable material, or material that could give off poisonous fumes when heated, such as insulation material.

No warning was provided about heat and dangers to the user if installed incorrectly.

Large parts of the manuals were written in poor English and had incorrect words used. The intended meaning was, in some cases, difficult to understand.

Additionally, the products and instructions did not have the name and address of the importer or manufacturer, and did not included the required Declaration of Conformity (DoC). A DoC is a formal declaration by a manufacturer, or the manufacturer's representative, that the product to which it applies meets all relevant requirements of all product safety directives applicable to that product.

If you have purchased a product that you think may be unsafe, stop using it immediately and report it to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.
View attachment 291016

You can google for a link yourself.
Is it correct that no burner was tested and it is purely a question of incorrect paperwork.

Just upgrade the pipe and have an alarm in the room.
PS Wasnt my idea BTW.
Wasn't knocking you mate on those suggestions. These things will end up killing someone if they take off. Mind you, can't find the gas reg that suggests bodging your own flue is OK with a CO alarm present lol.

Is it correct that no burner was tested and it is purely a question of incorrect paperwork.
I know nothing, I'm from Barcelona....

It does look like it, however given that the paperwork is substandard it does lead to to be concerned about if the build quality is also substandard.

Most of the youtube reviews on the Chinese Diesel Heaters seem positive and satisfactory.

Do you have links to any negeative review videos on them?

This is an excellent review on the diesel heaters. I think the youtuber is in Sweden.

Yes, Diesel heaters exhaust go outside in pipes. Paraffin heaters don't have exhausts, hence severe condensation in the room and fuel smell when starting and putting off.

I thought you were on about burning paraffin in the diesel heater.

Sponsored Links
Back