Chinese Diesel Heater

I know nothing, I'm from Barcelona....

It does look like it, however given that the paperwork is substandard it does lead to to be concerned about if the build quality is also substandard.
Ah, Im thinking that would be the EA part of Barcelona.
Totally agree there, the only parts I kept were the burner, the LCD display, the remote and the fuel pump. Use it for 6hrs a night for six months a year when onboard.

Sponsored Links
To heat an outbuilding or annexe for those who aren't keen on trusting their life to cheap chinese crap, a mini-split heat pump is a much more sensible option.

With a decent system you should get a real world COP of 3-4, so will get 3-4 kWh of heat per kWh of electricity, so will be paying roughly 10p per kWh of heat. All without the risk of gassing yourself, rigging up dodgy fuel lines, ducting and exhausts and without choking all your neighbours on toxic smoke and soot.

I realise that these things do supposedly separate the heat from the exhaust. But do you really want to trust your life to cheap tinny chinese metal at 100's of degrees C not leaking internally at all, ever?

The big added advantage of a heat pump is that most can reverse and provide cooling/dehumidification in the summer too.

The idea of setting fire to stuff to keep warm is looking a bit caveman-like these days.

One example system, among many...

...not an endorsement, I'd probably spend a bit more for a known brand.

Sponsored Links
This youtuber has been getting 5p per kWh heating from the diesel heater, and seems happy with it.

It seems possible buying cheaper paraffin (low quality £1.20 per litre ) and burn in the diesel heaters or used engine oil for nothing if able to source it.

To heat an outbuilding or annexe for those who aren't keen on trusting their life to cheap chinese crap, a mini-split heat pump is a much more sensible option.

With a decent system you should get a real world COP of 3-4, so will get 3-4 kWh of heat per kWh of electricity, so will be paying roughly 10p per kWh of heat. All without the risk of gassing yourself, rigging up dodgy fuel lines, ducting and exhausts and without choking all your neighbours on toxic smoke and soot.

I realise that these things do supposedly separate the heat from the exhaust. But do you really want to trust your life to cheap tinny chinese metal at 100's of degrees C not leaking internally at all, ever?

The big added advantage of a heat pump is that most can reverse and provide cooling/dehumidification in the summer too.

The idea of setting fire to stuff to keep warm is looking a bit caveman-like these days.

Not sure. Watch his video, and the explanation would be there? I just caught the end of the video him saying it.
What he says is it uses around so much fuel over 6/7 days without saying how many total hours AND he turns it up when he feels cold. Hardly an accurate test is it?
Other tests show between 0.5 - 0.75 L used per hour and those that use other fuels report needing to service/ repair them.

What he says is it uses around so much fuel over 6/7 days without saying how many total hours AND he turns it up when he feels cold. Hardly an accurate test is it?
Other tests show between 0.5 - 0.75 L used per hour and those that use other fuels report needing to service/ repair them.

yeah it would be rough estimate at best.

Another method of outbuilding heating:

:censored:

Carbon Monoxide only results from INcomplete combustion, usually as a result of a lack of oxygen. If there's enough oxygen, as there will be with an outside air inlet, then the carbon would rather become Carbon Dioxide, which isn't harmful in small doses but will eventually suffocate. But there are also a limitless number of other toxins that will definitely harm you that the CO detector probably won't care about.

Sponsored Links
Back