Don't want our money? Ok.

Oh dear.

I will show you the gov.uk 3 types of licence later. Bit busy now. Top of my head, green, pink, or pink and green i think.

Its obvious you didn't even know about the gov.uk info on idp's but proudly tell everybody its no different to pre brexit. And you're wrong. Rules are different to pre brexit.

Tell me, where would you look for proper advice on such things if not gov.uk? A travel agents website that's out of date? Deary me

Sponsored Links
Bit busy now.
I said that’s what you would say.

Tell me, where would you look for proper advice on such things if not gov.uk?
Well I wouldn’t look on the AA or RAC website like you said. I looked exactly at the gov.uk link you gave me and it wasn’t there.

Opening the page you claim that it is on and cutting/copying the relevant text will take seconds which is a lot less than the time you have spent making 10, yes ten posts telling me to look on gov.uk.

I said that’s what you would say.

Well I wouldn’t look on the AA or RAC website like you said. I looked exactly at the gov.uk link you gave me and it wasn’t there.

Opening the page you claim that it is on and cutting/copying the relevant text will take seconds which is a lot less than the time you have spent making 10, yes ten posts telling me to look on gov.uk.
I wouldn't look on an out of date travel agent website either. Gov.uk is the best source. However the AA and RAC use the exact words from gov.uk site.

Let me reprint the text. Read the last 4 words

You won't need an IDP if you have a photocard driving licence issued in the UK and you're driving in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You might need an IDP to drive outside of Europe. You might also need one to drive in some EU countries and Norway if you have either: A paper driving licence

Last edited:
Do you mean full British driving licence or are you talking about the three types of international driving permit?
Have just been and checked. Green, pink and combined green/pink, UK FULL PAPER Driving Licences (still valid).

Nothing to do with IDP's whatsoever, which are identified by a number, not a colour.

Try gov.uk

Sponsored Links
Let me reprint the text. Read the last 4 words
You might also need one to drive in some EU countries and Norway if you have either: A paper driving licence

And just suppose you had used up your 'allowance' and then couldn't attend a family wedding/funeral/special event abroad, how would you feel?
Even if we had kept the villa, there’s no way us or our relatives or our friends would spend 90 days there in any 6 month period. I know quite a few people that own properties in France, Italy and Spain and this 90 day rule you keep banging on about has not affected them one bit. Of course you will claim to know loads of people whose lives have been ruined by the 90 day rule. ……..

loads of people whose lives have been ruined by the 90 day rule. ……..
I wouldn't go that far, but their lives made much more difficult with multiple additional crossings.
People without a Carte de Sejour, or visa cannot now simply spend their 6 months of summer in the EU countries without a trip back to blighty.

I wouldn't go that far, but their lives made much more difficult with multiple additional crossings.
People without a Carte de Sejour, or visa cannot now simply spend their 6 months of summer in the EU countries without a trip back to blighty.
Are you sure about that? How can someone spend their 6 months of summer in the EU countries by just having a trip back to Blighty? Surely their 180 days (of which they can only spend 90 in the EU) starts on their first day in the EU? Going back won’t reset the clock.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? How can someone spend their 6 months of summer in the EU countries by just having a trip back to Blighty? Surely their 180 days (of which they can only spend 90 in the EU) starts on their first day in the EU? Going back won’t reset the clock.
You're probably correct, I'm not au fait with the precise rules.
It appears to be worse than I thought.
I am aware that it massively negatively affects those who have property in the EU, and now can't spend as much time there as before, or as they'd like. Any future plans to retire there have been nullified.
It also negatively affects young musicians, and other young people, who before could travel around EU, busking or temp'ing for sufficient funds to fund their travels.

:rolleyes:
It doesn't matter if I lived in USA, on the moon, or in a Kibbutz, if I didn't need to know, I wouldn't bother finding out. :rolleyes:
But you brought it up so you really do need to know about it or are you in the habit of just throwing out random Brexit situations without actually knowing whether they are true or not?

But you brought it up
Motorbiking was the first to mention the (lack of) Brexit benefits. :rolleyes:
Since then you've gone on and on about licences, etc. trying to prove there are some Brexit benefits. :rolleyes:
And you were the first to mention the 90 day rule. :rolleyes:
Even if we had kept the villa, there’s no way us or our relatives or our friends would spend 90 days there in any 6 month period. I know quite a few people that own properties in France, Italy and Spain and this 90 day rule you keep banging on about has not affected them one bit. Of course you will claim to know loads of people whose lives have been ruined by the 90 day rule. ……..

And you were the first to mention the 90 day rule. :rolleyes:
Ellal, actually. Post #76. I quoted him and was replying to him. Keep up.

Post #142 proves you know absolutely feck all about it too but try to bluster your way through with supposed facts. You know nothing.

Ellal, actually. Post #76. I quoted him and was replying to him. Keep up.
Motorbiking's post was #25. :rolleyes:
Can you count?

Post #142 proves you know absolutely feck all about it too but try to bluster your way through with supposed facts. You know nothing.
Your memory deceives you. I openly admit that I'm not up to speed on the details. :rolleyes:
But my point stands, that it is now much more inconvenient for many since Brexit..
I'm not au fait with the precise rules.
I think you're existing in some parallel universe where people say what you think they say. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back