EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
It is worrying to hear how our leaders, whether national or local government, are running things today.
Running things into the ground, I'd say.
Still, if that's what the majority want, OK. I'm 72 in a few days, so I tend not to worry too much about the future.
A shame for the younger people here though.
Happy 72nd.

But you do seem to be worrying about what MIGHT affect you, but ignoring what WILL affect any children or grandchildren or great grandchildren you might have.

Running things into the ground has been happening for years. Let's not make this thread political, but it's time for change now

It is worrying to hear how our leaders, whether national or local government, are running things today.
Running things into the ground, I'd say.
Still, if that's what the majority want, OK. I'm 72 in a few days, so I tend not to worry too much about the future.
A shame for the younger people here though.
Another (Chinese 'Dragon") - happy B/day from a fellow dragon.

1720345795474.png

Happy 72nd.

But you do seem to be worrying about what MIGHT affect you, but ignoring what WILL affect any children or grandchildren or great grandchildren you might have.

Running things into the ground has been happening for years. Let's not make this thread political, but it's time for change now
Children, grandchildren or great grandchildren have I none.
Had I had any, I wouldn't still be here in this country which is showing every sign of further failure under Labour!

Sponsored Links
Children, grandchildren or great grandchildren have I none.
Had I had any, I wouldn't still be here in this country which is showing every sign of further failure under Labour!
Likewise; the ex and I were keen to emigrate in the 70's till her ex-hubby started on about the kids; not that he'd seen them from the day he walked out. His blocking action was the start of our break-up.

Likewise; the ex and I were keen to emigrate in the 70's till her ex-hubby started on about the kids; not that he'd seen them from the day he walked out. His blocking action was the start of our break-up.
Sorry to hear that. Marge and I are still very close despite our not having any children, though I think she'd like to have had one or two.

Not really wishing to see this thread turned into a political thread, but I must admit, I was somewhat intrigued by those words of JBR's. I'm not sure how ANY government that hasn't even been in power for a week, can be "showing every sign of"...well.. anything, really?

(Unless, of course, the opinion wasn't based on observed, material fact, but on deeply entrenched existing prejudice...) :rolleyes:

Ah! There we go.. EVs.. back on topic...;)

Sense at last! Is this what happened 120 years ago, when people woke up and realise EVs are a dead loss?

Sense at last! Is this what happened 120 years ago, when people woke up and realise EVs are a dead loss?

How is it "sense" when the old f@rts can't fathom that their driver profile and habits - pottering around, daily local runs, no 300-mile epics sans refreshment stops, etc etc) - make them ideally suited to an EV (y)

And if you're stuck with having to go back a century, to grasp a straw that ICEs are better.................

Think I'll stick with my old diesel, because it doesn't drop over £55K in 4 years, weigh 2.5 tons and have limited range. When compared to a new Audi EV. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Is that the same old diesel which has spent so much time on the 2 post lift, going up and down like a tart's tights? :giggle:

On the issue of depreciation, whilst it sounds horrendous, is it much different from any of the ICE equivalents that Ingolstadt churn out? As he says, just about all of these vehicles will be purchased by companies and it is they that will take any sort of depreciation hit. Find it hard to believe that average punters will spread the wedge on one of these.

His concern about fat people need not worry anyone as there is an SUV equivalent available, or certainly will be shortly. There always is. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back