EV are they worth it?

Same, you can't lose passed qualification. The IMI license is same as the IMI qualification.
IMI license doesnt exist. You don't have to be qualified to work on cars. I would expect most are, and should be, but it's not an actual requirement.

Why dont you start with some facts ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
IMI license doesnt exist. You don't have to be qualified to work on cars. I would expect most are, and should be, but it's not an actual requirement.

Why dont you start with some facts ?
Facts were given in earlier post. Working on EV requires the IMI licence. Sounds to me you are panicking for being an unlicenced mech.

I dont work on EV's, Ive told you that.
That's a good thing. You could get arrested for invalidating customer insurance.

But I also know ice cars are not the future.
You don't know. With EV sales crashing, EV's are not the future. When trump gets in, he may well declare EVs are danger to life and make them illegal. This will clobber the chinese, which is what trump wants.

Sponsored Links
That's a good thing. You could get arrested for invalidating customer insurance.
If you read what's been posted you would know i don't work on evs. How would it invalidate somebody else's insurance? Go on, give us another laugh.
You don't know. With EV sales crashing, EV's are not the future. When trump gets in, he may well declare EVs are danger to life and make them illegal. This will clobber the chinese, which is what trump wants.
Ice is the future? You know that?

Christ! Just how does my car keep getting another 300 miles of range - for less than £5 - then?
I don't know. Maybe you should explain yourself? I see no infrastructure around where I live. There are probably a couple of public chargers on a nearby side street. The combined flat and house residents are in the hundreds. I haven't checked all side streets. None of the house driveways and parking spots for flats have charging facility.

Christ! Just how does my car keep getting another 300 miles of range - for less than £5 - then?

Poss because you installed your own infrastructure? Then there's the bloke in the flat next door to my old man's rental flat who I caught trespassing on his forecourt so he could get his car close enough to plug it in. Sounds like if they need to park on someone else's property to be in range of a socket in your home, there's insufficient infrastructure.

I'm guessing our masters would like us all to drive these battery contraptions. If everyone in UK lost all common sense overnight and bought EVs, we'll see how good the infrastructure and grid are then. :eek:

Quote from my post #1556 -
My Dad has a couple of flats he rents out. Ground floor one is empty at present. It has a forecourt at front that is private property where his tenants can park a couple of cars. Other day I turned up to do some work there and found an Indian tenant from the flats next door parked on this private forecourt - 2 feet from front door of the flat.. He was charging his EV with a cable from his front window. When I explained that the forecourt is private and he was also blocking the front door, he complained that it was the only way he could charge his car and only wanted to park there one day a week.

Told him in no uncertain terms to do one. Some people really haven't thought out the whole EV ownership thing, and I wondered if he was typical of the mentality of EV owners who have rushed into this 'technology'.

Poss because you installed your own infrastructure?

The "infrastructure"?

I had a wallbox installed, but that's only a step up from plugging into an existing socket, and slinging the cable out of the window.
The power station, wind turbines, pylons - the "National Grid" - was already there. (y)

For anyone with a driveway / off-street parking, their own chargepoint makes a lot of sense: a tenth of the cost to "fill up" as ICE, and adds value to your house.

Granted, not an option for everyone but, if we use the line "it's all, or it's no-one!", nothing will ever get done about anything.

If everyone in UK lost all common sense overnight and bought EVs, we'll see how good the infrastructure and grid are then. :eek:

"IF"

As you keep having to either appeal to extremes, or just plain lie, to (fail to) make a valid point, it just shows up that you have no "valid point".

Still, I'm not trying to convert you: I'm happy that you can drive until your bladder bursts / you fall asleep at the wheel. (y)

Maybe it's you who's lying. An EV will have a considerable price premium over the equivalent EV, plus the EV will suffer greater depreciation. You haven't factored these costs into your claim. The savings on fuelling an EV would be much less impressive if you did.

For eg. a new petrol Corsa can be had for approx £18K, however the cheapest EV version is almost £10,000 more. Honest comparisons needs this huge price differential to be priced into any running costs claims, plus high EV depreciation as well.

£10,000 buys you a lot of petrol. :idea::idea::idea:

Last edited:
For anyone with a driveway / off-street parking, their own chargepoint makes a lot of sense: a tenth of the cost to "fill up" as ICE, and adds value to your house.
The wind turbine noise detracts from the value of your house, though.

Sponsored Links
Back