EV are they worth it?

Maybe it's you who's lying. An EV will have a considerable price premium over the equivalent EV, plus the EV will suffer greater depreciation. You haven't factored these costs into your claim. The savings on fuelling an EV would be much less impressive if you did.

For eg. a new petrol Corsa can be had for approx £18K, however the cheapest EV version is almost £10,000 more. Honest comparisons needs this huge price differential pricing in, plus high EV depreciation.

£10,000 buys you a lot of petrol. :idea::idea::idea:

Depends if you want to compare "same" with "equivalent".

I have a Kia EV6 GT-line. Got every driver aid I would ever need - radar cruise control, lane follow, that sort of thing.
£51k list. AFAIK, they don't make an ISE "same".
You could probably get all of that on a £35k Peugeot: similarly, you could probably spend £50k on a Jag or LR, and not.

As for depreciation being much worse on an EV, that really is a myth, unless you want to crowbar in a specific "to suit your point" timeframe.

Realistically - climate change excepted - you staying in your ICE will continue to make my driving much, much cheaper.

But, like I said, you stay in your lane, and I'll stay in mine :)

Sponsored Links
I have a Kia EV6 GT-line. Got every driver aid I would ever need
Those are driver distractions that will cause crashes. Those things will be banned like the mobile phone. I once adjusted the radio and nearly gone on to the curb.

Sponsored Links

I have a Kia EV6 GT-line. Got every driver aid I would ever need - radar cruise control, lane follow, that sort of thing.
£51k list. AFAIK, they don't make an ISE "same".
You could probably get all of that on a £35k Peugeot:

£51K for a Kia?????? :oops::oops::oops: Jaysus, are people out of their minds?????? :oops::oops::oops:

That's a budget Korean brand. Not even close to being a desirable marque, maybe just a step up from Dacia, maybe not. Imagine it's value at 3, 4 or 5 years!! :eek:

And you're saying you could get similar ICE spec in a Peugeot for £16,000 less, if I understand you correctly?

You really must be desperate to be keen to be seen to be green. £16,000 buys a hell of a lot of unleaded.

"I spent £51,000 on a rapidly depreciating budget brand Korean car, but I only pay a fiver to fill it up." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you not see how ridiculous the above statement is? Plus you will soon be clobbered for road tax, so can't even claim that as an advantage. These EV fanatics are worse than I thought. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
have a Kia EV6 GT-line. Got every driver aid I would ever need - radar cruise control, lane follow, that sort of thing.
£51k list. AFAIK,

Don't forget to factor in the £20,000 depreciation over only 24 months when quoting how cheap it is to charge up. That's £833 per month price drop. Or £192 per week.

Yeah, those £5 fill ups are a real bargain! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EV taking out a tower block.

A titbit from one of the video commenters: The Porsche Taycan is now involved in a lawsuit for sinking the car carrier Felicity Ace

Last edited:

Yes, really. Please don't deny reality. It doesn't help your argument, even if it makes you feel better about paying 51 grand for a Kia. :oops::oops::oops:

Even something smaller like a Corsa is £10,000 more for the EV version compared to the petrol model.

I mean, come on - £51,000 could have bought you something really nice. With ICE, obviously. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back