EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Some people like to surrender their freedoms and become followers. Looking like you're one of them.

And willingly so! I can see and understand the reasons for it. Others, just scream and stamp their wee feet and seethe with impotent rage...

...and then still have to do it anyway... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hello from Ruralsville! Literally, everyone who owns an EV in our neck of the woods... and hills... and mud, snow and occasional flash-floods... also owns a petrol or diesel 'backup' car, which they always seem to choose to use during the winter months. The fact is that owning an EV, and also [secretly] owning a combustion-engined vehicle, enables one to both virtue signal and get home safely at the same time! Ideal! I think.

Funnily enough, I live on the fringes of a small town, and keep a HEV as a back-up car, which I use in winter months because it is more suited to mud, frequent floods and (rare) ice or snow.

I have a July story for you. Are you sitting comfortably?
Once upon a time, my friends bought a Tesla. As it was mid-summer, they decided to take their lovely new car out for a spin to our local outdoor music festival, which is on a pronounced hill. They opted to leave their trusty Discovery Sport at home in bed. Anyway, the weather gods sent the RAIN, and they just kept on sending it! So, when the music finally stopped, poor old Jack and Jill just couldn't get up that big, muddy hill, and along with hundreds of other motorists in 2WD EV and ICE vehicles, they had to wait in line for the site-based tractors and pickups to tow them to higher ground. It was very sad.
This isn't a story of EV v ICE of course, but moreover, it's a story about the importance of choosing the right vehicle (and tyres!) for the job in hand. The end. :)

Once upon a time, my friends bought a Tesla. As it was mid-summer, they decided to take their lovely new car out for a spin to our local outdoor music festival, which is on a pronounced hill. They opted to leave their trusty Discovery Sport at home in bed. Anyway, the weather gods sent the RAIN, and they just kept on sending it! So, when the music finally stopped, poor old Jack and Jill just couldn't get up that big, muddy hill, and along with hundreds of other motorists in 2WD EV and ICE vehicles, they had to wait in line for the site-based tractors and pickups to tow them to higher ground. It was very sad.
This isn't a story of EV v ICE of course, but moreover, it's a story about the importance of choosing the right vehicle (and tyres!) for the job in hand. The end. :)

Mine is AWD :cool:

Mine is AWD :cool:
Ideal! I was doing promo work for Land Rover when they launched their first hybrid. Initially the cars had more traction than the sales team. See what I did there? No, me neither. Lol

Nice story, but nothing to do with EV versus ICE.

I've seen Landrovers dragged out of fields and floods, by tractors. But, so what ?

I'm lining my pockets every month.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remember the massive £51,000 you paid or the massive montly payments you're paying. Remember the massive depreciation. Remember the huge premium payable on EVs, way above a similar/comparable ICE car. Call them tree hugger taxes.

EV owners always conveniently forget the massive increased costs of owning one when saying they can get from Cornwall to Leeds on a tuppence ha'penny charge. :rolleyes::rolleyes: ICE car owners aren't fooled by this omission.

Only one lining their pockets is the Korean car manufacturer.

For clarity's sake, I was suggesting that if you run both an EV AND a PDV simultaneously, then it might be perceived as signalling your commitment to 'net zero' without actually... well, committing to it.
I'm assuming that you only run an EV, which is fine, of course. :)

I think some other EV sinners on here are in both camps - quite sensibly. Hedging their bets. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back