EV are they worth it?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remember the massive £51,000 you paid or the massive montly payments you're paying. Remember the massive depreciation. Remember the huge premium payable on EVs, way above a similar/comparable ICE car. Call them tree hugger taxes.

OK, I'm remembering all that... :rolleyes:

EV owners always conveniently forget the massive increased costs of owning one when saying they can get from Cornwall to Leeds on a tuppence ha'penny charge. :rolleyes::rolleyes: ICE car owners aren't fooled by this omission.

Only one lining their pockets is the Korean car manufacturer.

Only if you buy a Korean one... :rolleyes:

What's funny, of course, is the somewhat duplicitous stance taken by the anti-EV propagandists, who seem to believe in some kind of "Schrodinger's EV" which is capable of both being unaffordable and depreciating massively at the same time... :ROFLMAO:

Come on guys - it's actually pretty simple! Can't afford a brand new Ferrari ICE? Buy a cheaper model or a second hand one then. Can't afford a brand new, high performance EV? Buy a cheaper model or a second hand one then...:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Reading between the lines, I think that we're pretty much all agreed on the following points:-
Everyone has the right to choose a vehicle that's right for their particular circumstances.
Everyone knows that wealthier countries are exporting their pollution to poorer countries (or China) in order to meet [unrealistic] targets.
Everyone knows that the construction and everyday use of ALL vehicles involves mining, drilling and the creation of multiple forms of pollution.
So, we're all just using our own experience and intelligence to decide what the 'best' option is for us, as individuals, which is how it should be, isn't it?

Remember the massive £51,000 you paid or the massive montly payments you're paying.

You clearly haven't read or comprehended anything I have written about my relationship with cars, have you?

Remember the massive depreciation.

Remember the huge premium payable on EVs, way above a similar/comparable ICE car.

EV owners always conveniently forget the massive increased costs of owning one

None of which affects me, and you'd have realised that too, (removed)

Sponsored Links
I'm no ludite. I just simply can't afford to swap out my old Ranger for a Cyber-Truck (Is that what they're called?)! The irony is, that if I could, I wouldn't, because I'd be paying someone else to get rid of my garden waste.
Also, aside from the prohibitive cost, the universe keeps telling me to stick with my 'ICE'. For example; a couple of weeks ago, my next door neighbour put his Jaguar EV on charge before he went to bed in preparation for a 400-mile drive for work the next day, but... in the wee small hours, we had a 4-hour powercut, which impacted very negatively on his 'range'. Thankfully, he was able to use his wife's VW Scirocco for the day!
I'm sure I heard that little petrol car call out a little 'Beep you!' to the EV as it zoomed out of the drive! Lol

Reading between the lines, I think that we're pretty much all agreed on the following points:-
Everyone has the right to choose a vehicle that's right for their particular circumstances.

Not quite. The ownership and operation of ANY kind of car, isn't a right, but a privilege. Probably truer to say that everyone is "entitled" to try and find a car that suits their circumstances, (and pocket), but (a bit like smoking in public places) nobody should have an automatic "right" to operate anything that adversely affects anyone else's health, when there's a viable alternative. That's just not fair.

Everyone knows that wealthier countries are exporting their pollution to poorer countries (or China) in order to meet [unrealistic] targets.

I'm not bothered by that so much as I'm bothered by the two-faced folk who (having happily exported their emissions to China) then turn round and say "well why should I do anything to reduce my emissions when China is producing far more? They can't have it both ways. Part of China's emissions are their emissions! And what's unrealistic about the targets anyway? The only way the targets are unrealistic, is that they're not actually tough enough to meet the obligations that we all agreed to in Kyoto and Paris!

Everyone knows that the construction and everyday use of ALL vehicles involves mining, drilling and the creation of multiple forms of pollution.
So, we're all just using our own experience and intelligence to decide what the 'best' option is for us, as individuals, which is how it should be, isn't it?

Up to a point, yes. My beef on here, isn't that I feel nobody should be allowed to operate an ICE vehicle (indeed, I do so myself,on occasions). I don't have a problem with people who have genuine reasons for not being able to shift to an EV yet. If Nutjob, for example (who does famously little annual mileage) were to say something like: "I'm not going to get an EV because with the extremely low annual mileages I do, an EV would't get the chance to offset its extra manufacturing carbon emissions in my lifetime", that would seem like a pretty sound argument (though I don't know how old he is). However, if he instead chooses to say "I'm not going to get an EV because it will set itself on fire and burn my house down", that's just BS and I have no time for it, whatsoever.

So it's not so much the fact that people are still driving ICEs that bothers me, it's the lies and misinformation intended to try and scare people off EVs that I have the real problem with.

I'm no ludite. I just simply can't afford to swap out my old Ranger for a Cyber-Truck (Is that what they're called?)! The irony is, that if I could, I wouldn't, because I'd be paying someone else to get rid of my garden waste.
Also, aside from the prohibitive cost, the universe keeps telling me to stick with my 'ICE'. For example; a couple of weeks ago, my next door neighbour put his Jaguar EV on charge before he went to bed in preparation for a 400-mile drive for work the next day, but... in the wee small hours, we had a 4-hour powercut, which impacted very negatively on his 'range'. Thankfully, he was able to use his wife's VW Scirocco for the day!
I'm sure I heard that little petrol car call out a little 'Beep you!' to the EV as it zoomed out of the drive! Lol
And I remember petrol shortages not long ago.

That impacted a lot more, for a lot longer, a lot worse.

Things happen. There's usually a way around them.

Can't you put garden waste in a Cybertruck? I thought that's what they were for?:rolleyes: And a 4 hour power cut? Crikey! You have a Union Jack on your profile. Where do you like in the UK that's subject to regular 4-hour power cuts? As lame excuses go, that's pretty lame...

paying someone else to get rid of my garden waste.

I have a shredder and a compost heap. I also mulch generously.

It's amazing how little room bushes and tree prunings take up after being shredded or chopped.

My garden soil is pretty fertile.

Incidentally, when I bought my HEV, one of the capabilities I looked for , was ability to take large objects to the recycling tip.

Sponsored Links
Back