EV are they worth it?

Disappointed that it still uses about the same amount of screenwash as my last ICE though
Make sure you only use OEM screenwash straight from the dealer and keep all the receipts to prove it; you don't want to invalidate your insurance by grabbing some from Asda

heat from tungsten lights since in the main inferred, reduced the air temperature required for comfort
Maybe buy warm white LEDs if you're after a psychological effect that encourages you to turn the thermostats down. You can also get LED that get warmer as they dim..

why do so many complain of the concern of running out and being able to find anywhere at all to charge?
Where are you getting your numbers? Is it an objective source? Does it accurately balance up the opposite side e.g. the number of successful charges that occur daily? So far I've only seen similar as unsubstantiated claims from an ignorant few

On car, it's less than 1 hour. It all depends on how much effort you can handle
If you could handle the effort of planning ahead and leverage their delivery service it'd take you 30 seconds to walk to your letterbox?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
.......and spend the next hour or more faffing about in traffic :rolleyes:

Why do you persist in posting tripe?
I don't. Since I can drive at a time of my choosing, traffic is generally not a problem. If there is a problem, I turn around and go home or go alternative. I exaggerated the time cost of driving. Screwfix, toolstation, and wickes are 10-15 minutes away. Those are half day public transport affairs.

Yep - always wise to order from Screwfix in China! Much less faffing about than ordering from Screwfix in, say, London...
You be right me ol'china. Here's a recent order. Since I have good rep, refunds are guaranteed and I get to keep the product if found not as described/imaged/dimensioned. The final total is lower from previous refund of buying from bmw-china. I was not happy with their tat.

china-screwfix.png

Last edited:
But the rest of the country needs to be grateful to Londoners for living there. If they didn't, they'd be competing for houses with the rest of us who want to live somewhere nice! ;)

There aren't any Londoners in London any more. All gone to Kent, Essex, and lots of the feckers came to Bristol pushing up house prices.

Unless you imagine the pearly king and queen are still hanging around within the sound of Bow Bells.

European Automobile Manufacturers Association report just 92,627 battery cars were registered in The EU last month, down 44% on August last year. The two biggest markets are Germany down 69% and France down 33%.

"The electric car market is now on a continual downward trajectory" said EAMA spokesman.

The wheels are coming off the EV fad, big time. People have tried them and found them not fit for purpose. You can't fool all of the people all of the time (just the die hard EV owners - many on here). ICE is here to stay!

Sponsored Links
Back