EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
They are not out until they are out. When trump comes in, EVs will be shut down.

Even if Fat Orange does "get in", my guess - which is at least as good as any of yours - is that he'll be operationally gone before the term is through, as he is already clearly senile, and it ain't gonna get any better.

Regarding "EVs will be shut down", how do you envisage that happening?

Shutting off my electricity?
Ripping out public chargers?
Government officials carjacking me, to relieve me of my car?

Worst case scenario (which will not happen anyway, so I will not fret over it), is that "big oil" will strong-arm the government into banning new EV sales "from 2035", which I would deal with if it came to it.

Even if Fat Orange does "get in", my guess - which is at least as good as any of yours - is that he'll be operationally gone before the term is through, as he is already clearly senile, and it ain't gonna get any better.

Shutting off my electricity?
Ripping out public chargers?
Government officials carjacking me, to relieve me of my car?

Worst case scenario (which will not happen anyway, so I will not fret over it), is that "big oil" will strong-arm the government into banning new EV sales "from 2035", which I would deal with if it came to it.

I can't see that last one happening - anywhere. Any more than I can see "Big Tobacco" strong-arming any government to not only reverse the ban on smoking in public places, but actually make it mandatory. Big Oil's other problem, of course, is that it's running out of the stuff it can extract economically, and ultimately, is running out of the stuff altogether. No amount of political pressure or outright corruption is going to change that. When it's gone, it's gone!

Sponsored Links
Removing the incentives will instantly make EV's more expensive to keep than ICE. Even with the incentives, I posted previously about EV being 2x the cost to run compared to ICE.

Clearly, we haven't had enough floods yet... :rolleyes:
You are grasping at straws. Since generating electricity is always less efficient than using directly the energy used in the generation, EVs will cause more floods. The only justifiable case for EV is when a country is unable to access oil and gas, they could use coal instead. China is in that situation if they are blockaded in, say, the third opium war.

Last edited:
Removing the incentives will instantly make EV's more expensive to keep than ICE. Even with the incentives, I posted previously about EV being 2x the cost to run compared to ICE.

Source?

Roadkill Rug Scotty?
The Tw@t with many Hats?

:ROFLMAO:

Both are ideologically-opposed to EVs, so manipulate / outright lie, to "prove" that EVs are inferior to ICE.

IF (which won't happen) governments removed the incentives, they still wouldn't cost most drivers any more than an equivalent ICE would: only by manipulating the taxations to deliberately make EVs more expensive, would that be the case.

Which then would be an admission by the government that EVs were better (and being overly-taxed out of spite alone) and would totally discredit everything you've posted.

£100-a-month cheaper than diesel for me... :)

You are grasping at straws. Since generating electricity is always less efficient than using directly the energy used in the generation, EVs will cause more floods. The only justifiable case for EV is when a country is unable to access oil and gas, they could use coal instead. China is in that situation if they are blockaded in, say, the third opium war.

That is truly laughable! You are utterly clueless on the physics! I think it's been explained to you before, but it clearly hasn't gone in.:rolleyes:

I take electricity from the grid. I put it in my car, it turns the motor and about 80% of it pushes me along.

In the past, the oil refinery used to take electricity from the grid, distill the crude oil into diesel for me, stick it in a tanker, the tanker would burn some more oil taking it to the filling station, the filling station would use some more electricity to pump it into my car, and about 35% of it would push my car along, the rest being heat and noise...

Think carefully about who is grasping at straws on this one...;)

Source?

Roadkill Rug Scotty?
The Tw@t with many Hats?

:ROFLMAO:

Both are ideologically-opposed to EVs, so manipulate / outright lie, to "prove" that EVs are inferior to ICE.

IF (which won't happen) governments removed the incentives, they still wouldn't cost most drivers any more than an equivalent ICE would: only by manipulating the taxations to deliberately make EVs more expensive, would that be the case.

Which then would be an admission by the government that EVs were better (and being overly-taxed out of spite alone) and would totally discredit everything you've posted.

Plus, of course, they'd shoot themselves in the foot on their carbon reduction and energy security targets...

They don't need proof. I know EVs are inferior, which is why I have ICE.

Higher insurance and depreciation are both costs. As is dealer only service. You should seek help from accountant before all your money slip through your fingers.

From the same article:

"Petrol and diesel cars​

In August 2024, petrol car sales dropped by 17.1%, all four key markets recording significant declines: France (‑36.6%), Italy (-18.8%), Spain (-17.4%), and Germany (-7.4%). Petrol cars now represent 33.1% of the market, down from 32.6% in August last year.

The diesel car market saw a decline of 26.4%, resulting in a 11.2% share of the market last August. Double-digit decreases were observed in almost all European markets."

So basically, everything (apart from hybrids) is down. BEVs 44%, Petrol 17%, Diesel 26%. I'm not hugely bothered by that, given that an emerging sector is never going to keep increasing at the same rate as it did with early adopters...

I wouldn't pop those Champagne corks just yet... :)

Sponsored Links
Back