EV are they worth it?

I'm surprised that some people still think petrol or diesel is the way forward , regardless of personal feelings to ice.

I'm still a petrolhead, but it's days are numbered

Sponsored Links
Most/many of those you are trying to convince of the value, and viability of EV's, do have to buy and run them themselves.

Yes, and without them, there wouldn't be any affordable second hand ones! Exactly the same was true of ICEVs in the early days.

I could counter that by saying most people bleating about the cost of new EVs, don't buy new ICEs privately either!

Changing to off-road cover will do that.
Nope. Low risk driver and low risk car does that. With my oil leak fixed before the summer, there is less than 0 chance of my ICE catching fire, unlike EVs. The ICE is my grocery getter. Not possible for me to go off-road. I'll take a pic of the heathrow airport car park for you to see in a couple of days.

Sponsored Links
You are fighting against a religion, and religion is not based on facts and reality..
I am not. I am dealing with a bunch of uncommitted fan bois. Despite all the noise he makes, Avocet is treasuring his ICE in his garage. Every weekend, he gives it a polish and a drive to nowhere in particular.

I am not. I am dealing with a bunch of uncommitted fan bois. Despite all the noise he makes, Avocet is treasuring his ICE in his garage. Every weekend, he gives it a polish and a drive to nowhere in particular.

Much like you then? (Except I treasure it enough to change the oil now and then...) ;)

...and all the paint on it is all the same colour...

...and I don't go round telling people they'll invalidate their insurance if they use non-genuine parts, and then post interminably dull threads about the non-genuine parts from China that I'm fitting to it...

...and I don't jack it up on its brake discs because that's a really stupid thing to do...

But I'm glad to see you're coming round to the idea that ICEs are increasingly going to become "leisure goods"...:)

Authorities in the area at risk of sea water flooding in the USA are advising owners of electric vehicles ( including e-scooters ) to move their vehicles out of the area.

Tesla agree https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/support/submerged-vehicle-guidance

The risk of the lithium battery igniting exists with immersion in river water, ( low conductivity ) but the risk is an order of magnitude greater when the water is sea water ( salt water being highly conductive )

Authorities in the area at risk of sea water flooding in the USA are advising owners of electric vehicles ( including e-scooters ) to move their vehicles out of the area.

Tesla agree https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/support/submerged-vehicle-guidance

The risk of the lithium battery igniting exists with immersion in river water, ( low conductivity ) but the risk is an order of magnitude greater when the water is sea water ( salt water being highly conductive )

Are any ICE owners going to move their cars, or are they fine when immersed in seawater?

ICE vehicles immersed in water do not act like an incendiary device and set fire to things around the vehicle.

"incendiary device"... :ROFLMAO: Hark at it! One of the standard ways of putting out a burning EV, is to immerse it in water! Here you have Mother Nature offering it to do it for you! At the end of the day, you end up with a scrap EV - just like when you immerse an ICE car in seawater, you end up with a scrap ICE.

The real irony, is that we keep getting these severe weather events, partly because we desperately want to cling on to our ICEs!

Sponsored Links
Back