EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Lithium battery factory burning down.

Oil rig burning down...

Deepwater Horizon.jpg

Sponsored Links
Which appears to be in a populated, and built-up area.

Which appears to be far from land, far from any built-up, and populated areas.

Perhaps they should build and store the batteries, plus the EV's, out at sea for safety.

Oh don't worry! It made its way to shore alright! (43,000 square miles of shore, to be precise...)

Unfortunately society has turned against discipline. This breakdown can't just be the fault of parents. Police don't police, criminal 'justice' is often a joke, probation officers are now little more than social workers and teachers seem to fear the kids in schools rather than the other way around. Every level of society seems set up to undermine discipline now, almost like it's a dirty or unfashionable idea. The result can be seen in the law and disorder that seems to be everywhere nowadays.
Excellent comment. I completely agree (despite being off-topic!). I can't decide whether the cause is 14 years of Liberal-Conservative 'government', the infamous Tony Bliar, or perhaps Two-tier Free-gear Starmer. Probably all three.

Excellent comment. I completely agree (despite being off-topic!). I can't decide whether the cause is 14 years of Liberal-Conservative 'government', the infamous Tony Bliar, or perhaps Two-tier Free-gear Starmer. Probably all three.

But whatever the cause is, it definitely won't be the parents, eh? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately society has turned against discipline. This breakdown can't just be the fault of parents. Police don't police, criminal 'justice' is often a joke, probation officers are now little more than social workers and teachers seem to fear the kids in schools rather than the other way around. Every level of society seems set up to undermine discipline now, almost like it's a dirty or unfashionable idea. The result can be seen in the law and disorder that seems to be everywhere nowadays.

Exactly the same complaints have been made for generations.

Definitely getting noticeably worse. I have been in two supermarkets in recent weeks where I have helped security staff grab bags from escaping shoplifters that were stuffed with meat and other high value items. The second time was a Tesco Express - the perps. were a 3 strong group of young Romanians.

I have never experienced anything like this, but now things are so bad that criminals feel emboldened to help themselves in the most blatant fashion and walk out of shops with goods knowing no one can or will do anything to them.

Trouble is, when criminals become emboldened and feel free to commit minor crimes, the more serious crimes will soon follow. Rudolph Giuliani, ex mayor of NYC, understood this.

Definitely getting noticeably worse. I have been in two supermarkets in recent weeks where I have helped security staff grab bags from escaping shoplifters that were stuffed with meat and other high value items. The second time was a Tesco Express - the perps. were a 3 strong group of young Romanians.

I have never experienced anything like this, but now things are so bad that criminals feel emboldened to help themselves in the most blatant fashion and walk out of shops with goods knowing no one can or will do anything to them.

Trouble is, when criminals become emboldened and feel free to commit minor crimes, the more serious crimes will soon follow. Rudolph Giuliani, ex mayor of NYC, understood this.

Before you know it, you'll be happily ambling down the turnpike road, minding your own business, and some highwayman will leap out of the bushes with a flintlock piston and demand you stand and deliver your valuables!

Thieves, brigands, cut-purses and the like, are a problem as old as history. You can put them in the village stocks, imprison them, hang them, deport them to " the colonies", but the problem won't go away. Whenever the gap between the "haves" and the "have-nots" in society gets too big, the problem becomes unmanageable.

Sponsored Links
Back